Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu Monday + Super Bowl Recap

Lots of delicious food going on in our house this week. And in addition to some great meals, we had some fabulous snacks going on last night for the Super Bowl.

My Meals:

Blue Cheese Burgers topped with Caramelized Red Onions Sweet Potato Fries Sauteed Zucchini (recipe below)


Sauteed Zucchini

1. Cut zucchini into thin slices 2. Put in skillet with a tablespoon or two of EVOO and salt and pepper over medium high heat. 3. Top with a spoonful of grated parmesan cheese. 4. Cook until brown on both sides.
Southwest French Bread Pizza

I was inspired to make this after reading something about black bean pizzas in this month's Real Simple. I sort of went with the idea and threw in a bunch of things that I love. Turned out greeeeaaaat! Check out my link on Tasty Kitchen for recipe!


My "cheat meal"...Pork BBQ from Trader Joe's

This is a great, quick meal. I knew we'd have extra buns from the burgers so I stopped by TJ's and picked this up so we could use the extras. It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare and it's GOOD.

J's Meals:

Mongolian Pork with Edamame and White Rice

But clearly, he subbed pork for beef. MMMMM!


Spaghetti with Crusty Italian Bread

Spaghetti recipe is from a family friend, so I don't feel comfortable sharing. The bread on the other hand...bookmark it and make it with your next red sauce meal. This was yuuuuuumy!


Our Super Bowl meal...
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili with Corn Bread
...plus cheese and crackers, summer sausage, and Wisconsin beers in honor of The Packers!
And some cheeseheads!

What a great vegetarian chili! Different from our usual chili and we'll definitely try it again.


We visited this brewery (Lakefront) in Milwaukee back in 2009 and found their beer on Saturday.
Naturally, we had to enjoy it while watching the the game!


If only we had had some squeaky cheese curds to enjoy with The Packers victory!

14 comments:

  1. All of your recipes look amazing! Definitely going to try the sauteed zucchini this week - and the french bread pizza sounds amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your menus always make me hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to add pulled pork to our menu coming up. Sounds so good right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals look great!

    Hooray, Packers!! What a game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys always have the BEST food! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're hosting a dinner party this weekend and are planning to make two types of chili -- one with meat and one without. We might have to use your sweet potato and black bean chili for the vegetarian version! Also, you know I love that you cheered for the Packers. Oh, and Lakefront Brewery?! I've been there twice, but have never found their beers here in PA. Maybe I need to look a little harder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE black bean sweet potato chili, havent made it in forever. thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  8. The zucchini looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! All of that looks so good. I love the cheese head hat! I've been wanting to get one for forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so making that pizza this week!

    Love Layla the Cheesehead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely just added this page under my recipe favs because it all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That southwest pizza and the blue cheese burgers look great! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay ... we eat the TJ pulled pork seriously every other week!!!! Bahaha it's AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, everything looks AMAZING!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete