Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Menu Wednesday

I know I said I was going to move my Menu Monday to Tuesday, but life got busy and J and I went to see 127 Hours last night (which was fabulous by the way), and blogging just never happened. Oh well! This week we're just going to have a Menu Wednesday, and that is okay!

My Meals:

Pasta alla Vodka and Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

We had some friends over for dinner and a game last weekend and this is what I served. Pioneer Woman never let's me down with this pasta dish and this salad is so light and easy!

Salad:
Arugala
Artichokes
Great Northern Beans (rinsed)
YUM!

I bought this fun pasta at Homegoods a few weeks back. Definitely worked well in this dish!


Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes

This was another recipe from my Cooking Light cookbook and it was definitely another win. I made my own barbecue chicken. I just baked my chicken, covered with a little olive oil and salt & pepper for 40 minutes. I shredded it mixed in store bought barbecue sauce. E-A-S-Y! And instead of using sour cream, I used fat free greek yogurt. YUM!


J's Meals:
Breakfast for dinner...Pumpkin Pancakes and Bacon



This is always a favorite! I could eat it every week and never tire of it!



Lasagna is one of my favorite foods, so I naturally enjoyed this. Not the best lasagna recipe we've tried, but it was good.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the Vodka pasta from PW...it's actually on the menu for tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually so busy in the morning during the week that I don't get to cook breakfast. I looooove making breakfast for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. That first one looks amazing. How can I ever convince my husband that I need to buy vodka for dinner? Mmmmm...
    The salad and dressing I need to try, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm, the lasagna looked good!! and shrimp bog? really? Might have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all looks amazing. I like the idea of adding Great Northern beans to a salad - whenever I make salad, it ends up being me just dumping a bag of salad into our bowls. Going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the Cooking Light cookbook. I've already read it front to back...I can't wait to make some of the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try that vodka pasta1

    ReplyDelete