Monday, February 14, 2011

My funny valentines....

I know it's Monday...but Menu Monday will have to wait till tomorrow and be Menu Tuesday. Today I'm all about the love!

What a Valentine's Day it's been! As an elementary school teacher, it's hard not to love this day. When you get to exchange little paper love notes with 24 sweet kids, you sort of have to love it. Back in early January when Valentine's decorations first made their way to the shelves of Target I snagged these cute valentines for my kids.


It's Olivia the pig! If you are not familiar with Olivia, she's only the sassiest and cutest pig around. There are a number of story books written about her. I love them all! Olivia Forms a Band is my favorite. This picture kills me every time.


My Olivia valentines were a hit. Are these not the cutest?


I don't know how I'll ever top these in the future. It probably isn't possible.

And my sweet students were kind in return. They all love treating their teacher well on Valentine's Day...


Who doesn't want a chocolate rose? Or boxes of nerds and bags of skittles and Shrek Valentines with Shrek tattoos? I am a lucky girl.

22 comments:

  1. Look at all those treats! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many Reese's I ate today in my class! Love the Olivia Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Olivia, your Valentine's are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Olivia! Such cute valentines. Looks like your students treated you well today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! I wish I would have remembered to take pictures at school today!! I love the Olivia valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Olivia! Those valentines are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Olivia valentines! And you gotta love being a teacher on February 14th. My entire "teacher bag" smells like chocolate. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Olivia Valentines! My little sister (7) used those this year for her class.

    Although I love being older for Valentine's Day, I still miss being in elementary school, making a box, and sending/receiving Valentines!

    Hope the day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me miss working in elementary school so much! I love Olivia. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a shrek tat, oh you are lucky indeed!!
    olivia valentines? i LOVE her. i never saw these...but they are super duper cute

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I remember how much fun this day was in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, so sweet!!!! No pun intended, haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute Olivia cards!!!

    As a mom to three in Elem. school, I know how much THEY come home with and now I have a pretty good idea how much TEACHERS go home with! ;) That is really sweet.

    Best gift I got? My kids shared some of their candy with me...the dark chocolate. They know that's my favorite. Melted my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! Times like this are when I kick myself extra hard for not sticking with my original career plan of becoming an elementary school teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey you got spoiled!!! Love it!!

    And I love Olivia! I think she is just so adorable and funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Olivia! She's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Valentine's are super cute. I received some from my students as well, and it was so sweet. I hadn't gotten them before that I can remember, so I just loved the chocolate hearts and skittle and cookies that I got this year. It was too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all those goodies! That's awesome!

    And those cards are way, way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those little pigs are so cute! I hope you had a good v-day =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. TOO adorable. And I love Olivia the Pig. :)

    Looks like you had a great V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those Olivia cards! It will be hard to top those next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete