Thursday, March 24, 2011

is it spring break yet?

I need a vacation.

Spring Break is a little under a month away, but it's not close enough.

Summer is drawing near, but still, it feels so far.

In the meantime, I'll just reminisce about my wonderful European vacation from last summer and day dream about all the things I would do with some free time.


This period of the school year is absolutely draining and I'm envious of all the teachers out there who have an early spring break. I (and my kids) could so go for a break right now. I think you can safely say that we all need some time apart.

Anyone else know how I'm feeling? I have dreams at night about writing sub plans, only to wake up and find out that I don't have a set of sub plans written and I really have to go in to work. What does that say about me?

If I'm not dreaming about sub plans, then my dreams tend to be about mixed numbers and fractions these days. No, seriously. I DREAM ABOUT MATH. This is what my brain thinks about at night. Fractions run my life all day, so why not my dreams too? It's a sickness, people.

Here's hoping that my dreams revolve around this tonight...

14 comments:

  1. Goodness, those pictures look amazing. And you do have a late spring break! When I was still in school (goodness, it seems like a long time ago, even though I graduated in '05) - we had really early breaks. We were pretty much out right at or right after Memorial Day for summer!

    I guess it's nice to have the extra time off in August, because we always went back early too, but man, being in school when it's just starting to get warm and you're itching for some summer is the worst. Going back in August when you're about tired of summer and don't mind sitting in the air conditioning all day isn't so bad in my opinion. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I feel your pain since I'm on spring break (not to rub it in), but give me a few weeks and I will be there. I'm glad we have spring break now, but we have achievement tests in three weeks. I think spring break would be appreciated much more after we were done with testing. So once testing is over, I will be loosing my mind!! Hang in there!

    ps. I totally have school dreams all the time. It's sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. Spring break comes so late this year! Our school year runs differently though- beginning of August through end of May- so once we make it to spring break, we have just 4 more weeks until summer. I've decided that it's not spring break I'm dying for, but summer... sweet summer... praying for you and all us teachers out there who work so hard during the school year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so feel your pain! My school doesn't have Spring Break untilthe end of April. It hurts! The teachers are restless and the kids are restless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! I hope Spring Break and Summer hurry up and get here for you. I hop you have a great and restful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, when you are on spring break everyone who already had it will be wishing they were you! :) And, you will have less of the school year to make it through when you get back (depending on when your last day is).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! Spring break is SO late and SO needed right now! I actually took a sick/mental health day today. I have a killer cold and am exhausted. It was much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there! When you're off relaxing this summer please repay the favor and tell me to hang in there, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when you went on that trip....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! You're almost to the finish line! I'm dreaming of my summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you! We have 4 more days of school and it seems like forever! I can not wait until spring break! I hope yours comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the time between Christmas Break and Spring Break is the most brutal time of the year for a teacher! I hope time flies between now and your spring break!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You deserve a vacay! I hope spring break comes soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. May I could definitely go for a vacay too. How do we get about a week off from life!?!?

    ReplyDelete