Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Monday

As you'll notice, we didn't do a whole lot of cooking last week. One night I enjoyed a cheeseburger happy meal from McDonald's (sometimes that's just what ya need at the end of a long day), and if I remember correctly, I had Subway last Monday evening for dinner. Thursday our good friends made dinner for us where we had Cornish hens and rabé. Sadly, no pictures were taken of the meals.

Here are the meals I did manage to photograph...

My Meal:


I found this while flipping through last month's Everyday with Rachael Ray. This was one DELICIOUS soup. The flavors were fabulous. We topped ours with some of the pesto I made last summer (pesto recipe) and had stored in the freezer. What a fabulous choice. This soup will definitely be appearing on Menu Monday again.


J's Meals:

Baked Chorizo and Kidney Beans over Brown Rice


I couldn't wait to dig in. Oops! I've already written an entire post about my love of this meal. No need to say it again!


Pioneer Woman's Beef and Broccoli
(or sugar snap peas in our case because I don't like broccoli)



We make this a lot. Have you noticed? It's just that good.

And finally...

Saturday we decided to go out to dinner. Last month Design Sponge did a great city guide for our little city (Thanks to Rachel for sending it to me!). We had visited all but one of the restaurants on their list and we decided Saturday was the night to try it out. I'd definitely call it a win. Razzo has been added to our list of very loved Norfolk restaurants.

J had tuna mignon in a red wine reduction with spinach. I had a pasta with a red cream sauce, pork sausage, and lots of basil. It was divine. We also shared a cucumber, onion, and mozzarella salad. I can't wait to recreate that one at home this summer. It was the perfect summer salad.



Happy Eating!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks fantastic! I'm bookmarking the Baked Chorizo and Kidney Beans over rice recipe right now. It looks like something my husband and I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just logged on to find the beef and broccoli recipe so I could make it for dinner tonight. So glad you had it last week! Made my search easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love menu monday! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this! The hubs and I will have to try Razzo - we've never been there before but it sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete