Monday, April 18, 2011

Late Night Menu Monday

First off...thank you so much for your kind comments on my last post. It's so nice to read your sweet comments and hear encouraging comments from those of you who know the area well. Be expecting to hear lots more about the move in the coming weeks.

But for now, let's focus on food. Here's what we've been eating...

My Meals:

Another win for Iowa Girl Eats. It's rare that she lets me down, and once again, I was very pleased with this meal. I could eat gnocchi every night for dinner if my hips would allow it.

J's Meals:

Pizza + Salad

Nothing fancy here. Pizza dough and sauce are from a can. We topped our pizza with some leftover prosciutto from our fridge and onions and peppers.

My standard mixed greens, white beans, artichokes and homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing. So fresh and delicious.



Are you tired of seeing this on the menu rotation yet? I just can't get enough of it.

And last but not least....

My Dad's Meals:

Chicken Chili and Beer Bread

My dad has never been one who I'd call a cook. I have vivid childhood memories of him burning pancakes on Saturday mornings or ordering out dinner for us when my mom would go out of town. Awhile ago, he woke up one day and decided he wanted to make chili. He did some searching on the internet, found himself a recipe, and this is now his signature dish. From what I hear, he's made it for many, and everyone seems to be a fan. I had not had it before this weekend when I was visiting for spring break, but I have heard many times about how delicious this chili is. I was thrilled to get to taste it. I'm happy to now add the following phrase to my vocabulary: "Great dinner, Dad!"

2 comments:

  1. My dad is famous for ONE dish as well. It's his spaghetti and he gets many a request for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, gnocchi sounds soo yummy! admittedly, I've only had it a couple times, but oh my goodness, so good :) that is so funny about your dad and his chili :)

    ReplyDelete