Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Monday + a challenge

Monday is here again. Time for Menu Monday!

But before I share my meals, I want to share this meal I came across this week that, I'll admit, I'm too afraid to try. I am challenging someone else to try it. One of you should make it and share your thoughts!

Cheeseburger and Sweet Potato Fry Pizza...strange right?

Seriously, if you make this, I wanna hear about it. I love cheeseburgers. I love sweet potato fries. And I love pizza. But all in one? I'm not sure if I could do it. Anybody out there more adventurous than me?

Anyhow...moving onto the meals we actually were not too afraid to cook!

My meals:


This sounded better and smelled much better than it tasted. It was kind of blah for me. J seemed to enjoy it, but I don't think I'd make it again. It was healthy and pretty easy, but the flavor was lacking for me.


Spaghetti with Lemony Beef Sauce


This meal on the other hand, was fantastic. The flavor was fabulous and so different. The mint and the lemon gave it an unusual kick, but I loved it. I can't wait to add it to the rotation again. Another win for Rachael Ray! Also...for those who care, I used regular ground beef, no grass fed ground beef could be found.

J's Meals:

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

This was an original. Very basic and easy. He used Pillsbury pizza dough (woop woop for boxtops!). He boiled a chicken breast, shred it, and threw in bbq sauce (the kind from a jar). He then caramelized the onions and threw it all on the pizza with some shredded mozzarella. Fairly simple and delicious.


Breakfast for Dinner!
Pancakes and Bacon

Not much else to say other than...YUM!

8 comments:

  1. Exactly how I do my BBQ chicken pizza! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed that coconut chicken wasn't better. It was tentatively on my list for next week. Boo hiss.

    I've never had BBQ chicken pizza. I know. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always read about people doing breakfast for dinner, we should try that in our house...look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had pancakes and turkey bacon for dinner the other night! Your pizza looks good! Everytime I make a pizza it doesn't turn out right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what has been missing from my menus lately....breakfast for dinner! We are definitely due for a delicious breakfast for dinner that looks exactly like your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, this makes my mouth water!!! Ha!!! Delish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spaghetti w/ Lemony Beef Sauce sounds yummy and simple - I'll have to try that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breakfast for dinner is always my favorite!

    ReplyDelete