Tuesday, April 26, 2011

movie time

Over the past 2 weeks, I have watched a lot of movies. With spring break around, I had lots of free time on my hands. Here's what I watched...a pretty good mix of new and old.


And my thoughts?

The Apostle: Fantastic. Robert Duvall doesn't disappoint. It's kind of a crazy movie, but he really owns it. I'd recommend to anyone who loves Robert Duvall or enjoys movies with religious undertones.

Something's Gotta Give: This was one of those movies that's been on my "to see" list for years, just never got around to it. I enjoyed it very much. A sweet romantic comedy. Although, I would have been fine without a naked Diane Keaton, but maybe that's just me. I'd recommend to anyone who likes a solid romantic comedy.

Black Swan: Just as expected, it was a crazy 2 hours. I am still processing what happened. Loved Natalie. LOVED her. The movie was well done and twisted and all kinds of weird. Definitely different from my other movie choices. I'd recommend to anyone who needs to lose a few hours of sleep. This will keep you up thinking all night.

Love and Other Drugs: Not at all what I expected. Anne Hathaway sure loves being naked. I'd recommend to those who enjoy watching two good looking people with mediocre chemistry.

Life as We Know It: It was cute, but nothing special. Glad I rented it, but don't need to see again. I'd recommend to anyone who needs a mindless chick flick to preoccupy their time (because we all have those nights).

Country Strong: I liked this a lot...up until the last 10 minutes. The story had me wrapped in, I liked the music, Gwyneth was beautiful, but then the end threw me for a total loop. I'd recommend to those who are Gwyneth fans. She does a fabulous job.


So there you have it!
Any thing you've watched recently I should add to my list?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, so many comments too add here...

    -I could easily write a whole blog post about Something's Gotta Give. One of my favorite movies, and favorite movie houses ever!

    -So glad you enjoyed Country Strong. The end definitely throws you, but its still my fave!

    -Ditto on Black Swan and Love and Other Drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the HOUSE in Life As We Know It :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have watched a lot of cartoon movies lately: Despicable Me & How to Train a Dragon. Black Swan and Life as We Know It are on my list of must-see movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still trying to summon up the courage to read The Black Swan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd make a good movie critic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Swan took me awhile to process, I'm still not sure if I liked it. But it was probably the most beautiful movie I have seen in a long time.

    I recently watched Into the Wild (a little late) and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I left Black Swan going what? for hours. I tried to explain to my husband but got nowhere. It was good. I think I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw "Gran Torino" for the first time and loved it! "Something's Gotta Give" and "Life as We Know It" are both in my Netflix queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Black Swan! So freaky but so well done! And I really want to see Country Strong- it's on our Netflix list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love and Other Drugs...was a major disappointment. :( I On Demanded it one weekend, and was really bummed. Didn't even watch it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's three of those I really want to see, Black Swan, Life as I know it and Country Strong! They all look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Something's Gotta Give is awesome. But yea.. I agree about the naked Diane Keaton. I saw it year ago and that mental image is still there. Scary. Black Swan is freaky. NP did great, but that movie is scary as all get out. And I also agree about Life As We Know It, very cute, but.. I didn't fall in love with any of the characters.

    Still dying to see Country Strong. It's next on my list.

    ReplyDelete