Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Monday

My Meals:

Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Cuban Black Beans and Brown Rice

This is one easy, healthy, staple in our menu rotation. I serve the shrimp over Trader Joe's cuban black beans and brown rice. Very filling and delicious!


Hot Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries, and Cole Slaw

Due to Sonic's new campaign for hot dogs, I have been craving a hot dog night for quite some time. This week we made it happen and YUMMMM! And I'm pretty sure nothing goes better with hot dogs than a hot batch of sweet potato fries. Am I wrong?


Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce with a mixed greens salad

Thank you again Pioneer Woman for another fast and easy pasta dish. I love spaghetti and love to switch it up with different variations. This was another fun version. I served it with a mixed green salad with artichokes and white beans. I topped the salad with my favorite lemon vinaigrette.

J's Meals:

Such a tasty vegetarian dish. Very different from all of our other risotto recipes.


Penne and Sausage Casserole

There's lots to love about this meal. J halved the recipe and we still had 3 containers of leftovers of lunches.


Rosemary Beef Skewers, Cous Cous, and Skinny Tzatziki Sauce

I'd be perfectly happy if we ate this every single night. I love steak. And grilled veggies. And I REALLY love tzatziki. I may or may not have eaten the last of this bowl with a spoon. Feel free to judge. It was well worth it.

14 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that I love your menu monday posts? they always make me hungry though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously yall are like big time chefs to me. I'm so scared of my kitchen sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shrimp dish on the top looks sooo good. And the hotdog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I just love your menu Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all always have such delicious-looking but simple meals! Love it! I also love the idea of skinny tzatziki. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been eating hot dogs a lot lately with your sweet potato fries recipe. It is such an easy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cilantro lime shrimp look amazing. Three of my very favorite ingredients, plus black beans. I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made those beef skewers a while ago (Well, I marinated them and the hubby grilled them). I forgot to tell you how yummy they were! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your meals look like restaurant meals to me. Can I please come eat with y'all just once?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm making the beef kabobs tomorrow for dinner. I prepped the meat & made the tzatziki tonight- and OMG! I tasted it and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her pasta with tomato cream sauce is my favorite recipe that she's posted! I love the slight tang from the tomato sauce, yum!

    I wish I could see the pics, but I guess they're doing maint. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, i bet that pasta is so good! i just found your blog and really like it! please stop by mine (i see you're a teacher, i'm currently getting my masters of teaching and my post today is about equity in schools, i also do lots of other fun, non-educational posts!)

    ReplyDelete