Friday, April 29, 2011

randomosity

Some random notes and thoughts from the week...

I don't have kids. I'm not pregnant. But I'm obsessed with Zulily. It is my new go to source for baby shower gifts!

I am at work today. And I woke up at a normal time to come to work because there was no way I was getting up early for the royal wedding. Did I turn it on as I got ready? Yes, but there was no way I was getting up any earlier for it. However, if I were back in college, I know I'd be getting up at the crack of dawn with my friends + mimosas to enjoy this girly, fun event. Oh college. I miss you sometimes.

Yesterday I went in to work late. When I got there at 10:30, my kids said, "We're so glad you're here, Mrs. W! We were so afraid you were gonna miss you're favorite day...corn dog nuggets!"...my students know what makes me happy which makes me happy!

NEW book club book! Head over to the book club blog for more information!

My new obsession is Words with Friends. I feel the need to play every night before bed. Is that healthy??

I ate a bowl of stove topped popcorn for dinner. It was just what I wanted. Some of you comment and say we always cook so "gourmet," but the truth is, some nights, a big bowl of popcorn is all I want.

I've been furminating Layla and Rosie a few times each week, and it does no good. The dog hair is everywhere all the time.

It's still clicking in that we're moving in about a month and a half. Have I started job hunting? Fixing up my resume? Nope. I'm not letting myself feel overwhelmed by the stress of finding a job. I continually remind myself that it's all going to work out.

Anyone else watch Rob Lowe on Oprah today? He was pretty adorable. And his house in Santa Barbara? AMAZING.

And I think that's it! Hope you've had a nice week!

10 comments:

  1. Rob Lowe on Oprah. Hubba hubba, I was hanging onto his every word. No matter that he's double my age - he's still a hunk!

    I miss having roommates to watch such a Royal occasion with. It's just not as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but think about how different watching the royal wedding in college would have been. It would have been so much more fun with your best friends and not having to go to work after it!

    Good luck with the job search. I'm so excited for you and your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, definitely would have gotten up back in college...definitely didn't get up today!

    The furminator is seriously one of the greatest inventions ever...but it needs to have some sort of vaccuum on the end to suck up all the hair it gathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob Lowe on Oprah, ahhhhh. Oh how I loved the Brat Pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zulily for the same reason as you! Great for shower gifts...I've just learned they aren't kidding when they say it can take 3-4 weeks for delivery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Rob on Oprah too! Him and George Clooney really know how to age well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't wake up early either, but I am a little sad that I didn't do the whole girly, stay up late or wake up early, have brunch type of day...I had to make it through work all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get up early either. But I'm watching it now courtesy of my DVR! Maybe it'll motivate me to tackle my teacher research coursework. What's your words with friends name? I'll play a game with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried the furminator for my cat too. Does nothing. My life is run by cat fur. So gross. And actually, popcorn sounds delicious for dinner. Last night was a cereal night for this girl while the guy was at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw Rob Lowe on Oprah and was like WHOA he is smokin!! I've never thought that before!

    ReplyDelete