Monday, April 25, 2011

A Rather Pesto-y Menu Monday

My Meals:

Tomatillos Shrimp Fajitas and Cuban Black Beans

YUM!!! This will definitely get made again. I used a salsa verde from Trader Joe's as my tomatillo sauce. I also topped our with avocado.


Pesto Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage


This popped up in my Real Simple magazine this month and I tagged it immediately. This is one fabulous pasta main dish. The pesto, the sausage, the green beans...I kind of felt like they wrote this recipe just for me.


Marinated Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes

This is kind of my "blah" meal for the week. Nothing special. There was supposed to be a cucumber salad, but my cucumber had gone bad so just meat and potatoes. Oh well! I love a good pork chop, and this marinade is fabulous. It's a crowd pleaser.

J's Meals:

Soy Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Black Beans with Brown Rice

A very solid meal if I do say so myself.


Pasta with Sweet Pea Pesto and Chevre

Another pesto dish, but so different from my recipe. This is a vegetarian recipe, and it was quite tasty. It also made some stellar leftovers for my first day back at school.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Everything looks divine:) Hope you had a good first day back to school after spring break:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! Must make both of those pesto recipes, STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They all look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when you move to Charlotte I'm inviting myself for dinner. Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps it's because I'm starving right now but that Pesto dish looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete