Thursday, April 21, 2011

spring break...i love you

Spring Break 2011 has been a blast. Not as wild and crazy as some of my college spring breaks, but it's been incredibly lovely and relaxing. Tomorrow I am getting a massage (thank you living social!) to end my glorious week off.

So far this is what I've been up to...

Visiting my family in Richmond and watching my two big dogs play with their two little dogs


Visiting Whole Foods for the first time...so lovely. I wish we had one here!


Enjoyed lunch out with my mama at a fun little cafe in Midlothian


Visitied Hobby Lobby and World Market (once again, we don't have these in Norfolk...happy to report that Charlotte does!). I picked up new placemats and cloth napkins at World Market. I was really hoping to run into John and Sherry from Young House Love at World Market. Seems like the kind of place one might find them and baby Clara. Sadly, that didn't happen.


I dyed Easter eggs with my little brother


Coming back home and being attacked by pollen
(this was AFTER a large storm had washed most of it away)



Bought myself some new nail polish and gave myself a mani/pedi



Also came home to these that bloomed in our front yard


And I've been eating these since I picked them up at Wal-Mart yesterday. Who doesn't enjoy robin egg malt balls? Actually, I'm sure quite a few of you dislike 'em. Not me. I can't get enough.


I will be sad to see this break come to an end, but happy to know that there's only about 8 weeks of school left when we go back. I can handle that!

7 comments:

  1. I wish we had a Whole Foods here, too. That and a Wegman's. And, I wish I didn't have to drive to Newport News just to shop at World Market. That store can entertain me for hours.

    Love the new polish color!! Perfect for spring!

    Sounds like you've had a lovely spring break...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looovveeee whole foods and world market. Also loved your pics, what app do you use for the ones with the blurry edges?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole Foods is opening a store in Charlotte in the spring of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a Whole Foods or a Hobby Lobby either, and it makes me crazy!

    So happy you've had a great and relaxing Spring Break, enjoy your massage today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had a nice spring break! I have been wanting to try a massage - I will have to look out for another Living Social deal. And I love your placemats and napkins. I should go and add a little spring to our table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you've been having a great spring break. Isn't Hobby Lobby AMAZING! I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww your lil bro is so cute. I love World Market and Whole Foods! :)

    ReplyDelete