Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bad Luck

This past Friday was Friday the 13th, and in true Friday the 13th fashion, it served us well...all weekend long.


I took my water bottle to school in my purse on Friday morning and by the time I made it to school, the water bottle had dumped about 14 of the 16 oz of water it holds into my purse. I thought to myself, "At least my phone wasn't in there. I just have a wet purse."

Fast forward to Friday afternoon. J needed me to pick him up on his way in from Charlotte because he had to drop his car off at the dealer for some problems it was having. I thought I'd bring the dogs with me to go get him, so I leashed up the dogs and got ready to go. Because my purse was still a soaking mess from my morning incident, I carried my phone and wallet. While loading the dogs in the car, one twisted around me causing me to drop the phone flat in the driveway and SMACK. Broken phone.

Saturday morning we got a call from the car dealer and they had no luck diagnosing the problem he took it in for. Always nice and comforting when he's driving 650+ miles each week.

Add to this the fact that our drier decided to stop working this morning. And J had a pile of clothes that were soaking wet to take back with him to Charlotte.

It was really the perfect weekend (can you hear my sarcasm?).

In the end, I know these things are all little and not a big deal. They're all problems with material and earthly items and in the big picture, we know we'll be fine. But when your husband is home for just the weekend and you just want to be together and have fun, all these little things piling up kind of sucks. Add to that the fact that I don't have a home phone, so I had to buy a pay as you go phone to use temporarily while I wait to get mine fixed. My husband is calling it my drug dealing burner phone. Nice.

Here's hoping my bad luck has run its course and Monday starts off with only good luck. I need a week of happy things!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, no! LOL at the drug dealing phone comment, though. ;) I hope that was the last of your bad luck for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - that doesn't make for a fun weekend at all. I hope your week gets better and that black cloud following you around goes away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grrr. what a frustrating weekend! I hear you though... my husband and I are currently in the process of relocating as well, but he only comes home one weekend a month, and we have two kids under 3- so it has been hard, and i swear EVERY weekend he is home we have a million things go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks! I hope all the bad luck stopped now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh rachel this is awful to read, praying for peace and a bucket of gold to fall from the sky! Arrg the joys of adulthood often stink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you had such a bad weekend. One event after the other! Sheesh.

    Here's to a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo! Well, after a weekend like that, it can only go up from here, right? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer...I hate it when things seem to keep stacking on top of each other like that! Hope this week is much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no:( I am so sorry!! Hoping this week turns around!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things like that tend to happen in multiples - and when they pile on like that, it's get more and more frustrating. I feel your pain about the car, because ours is in the shop too, after a three week stint there a few months ago. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad you had to resort to living with the drug-dealing-burn-phone. Technology sucks when it breaks.

    Let's hope that the bad 13th luck ends fast... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so that's why you haven't played your turn in scrabble! :) sorry about the bummer weekend and I hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! It sounds like it was a rough 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugg! I hate days like that! Hope that it gets better!

    ReplyDelete