Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baked Ziti

As promised, here is my recipe for my Baked Ziti that I posted about on Monday. Not the healthiest, but it's quite tasty! I think I originally started making this back in college when I used a recipe on the back of a store brand pasta. Over the years I've tried several changes and variations, but this is the basic recipe.

Baked Ziti


Ingredients:

1lb of Cooked Ziti Pasta
Low Fat Ricotta Cheese (15 oz)
2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Tomato Sauce (24 oz)
1 egg, beaten
1lb of Italian Sausage, removed from casings
Pinch of Garlic Salt
Pinch of Dried Basil

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Brown the sausage, set aside
  3. Mixed cooked pasta in a bowl with sauce, egg, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, garlic salt, and dried basil
  4. Mix in the sausage
  5. Move to casserole dish and top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese
  6. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, uncover and bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
  7. Remove from oven and enjoy!


*Notes: I used this Classico sauce in mine...I love to make my own sauce, but sometimes this is so much easier!

4 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks delicious and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Can't wait to make this...It's exactly what I need yummy & easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big baked ziti fan, but I'm always too lazy to make it on a week night!

    ReplyDelete