Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Monday

This might be the last Menu Monday for awhile. Meals are going to be less exciting and more "easy" with J traveling back and forth between here in Charlotte for the new job. When we do cook great meals, I'll share, but things might be a little blah in the coming weeks.

Here's what was on this past week's menu....

My Meals:
Warm Asparagus, Gorgonzola, and Steak Salad with Corn on the Cob


After seeing several posts on Kate's blog about this meal, I knew I had to make it. It looked way too perfect to not try out. And BOY OH BOY, was I right. This meal was perfect. I am a red meat eater through and through, and this steak salad did not disappoint.

I think our twitter chat about this meal says it all:

Yes. I did indeed want to make out with this meal. I have no shame in admitting that.


Chicken, Bean, and Blue Cheese Pasta Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

Another win from Cooking Light. I'm telling y'all...this Cooking Light cookbook was worth every penny. I'm considering buying it for some wedding shower gifts. It's so wonderful! This pasta salad was light and fresh. It would be great to bring to a cookout.


And one small addition to my meals...Restaurant Style Salsa

Friday night I was craving some Mexican Restaurant salsa but didn't feel like paying for the whole meal. Pioneer Woman to the rescue. This was just as good (if not better) than my local Mexican place. And best of all, you add as much cilantro as you'd like. Also, don't mind my chipped nail polish. It's how I roll.

J's Meals:

Pizza


Have you noticed that we make this A LOT? It's just so easy, cheap, and yummy.


Lighter Spinach Lasagna


Very, very yummy. One small change: use fresh spinach instead of frozen. So, so, so much better. Lats time he did it with spinach and this time we used fresh. What a difference. This time it was perfect.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that Twitter exchange just gave me the biggest Monday Morning Chuckle, which I so needed!

    I looooove my Cooking Light cookbooks and magazine! My mom is getting the 500 Favorite CL Recipes of All Time (which I highly recommend!) for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely trying both of those salads! May always feels like a salad month to me :)

    And I desperately need the Cooking Light cookbook. I've tried several recipes from it that other bloggers have posted and they're all excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Yes, and YES to the Steak Salad! That has been bookmarked for immediate making!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want that salsa. Yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried The Pioneer Woman's salsa for the first time last weekend, and it was delicious! Will be making again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Kate kill me on Twitter. I just want to put you both in my kitchen and have you guys cook for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you have me craving salsa!!! I didn't even like salsa until about a month ago and now I want it all the time!

    ReplyDelete