Sunday, June 12, 2011

life at the moment


I think I need to do a bullet style catch-up post. So much has been going on, I want to make sure I have it all documented!

  • We move in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS. It's starting to kick in that Norfolk won't be my home anymore. This city that I pretty much hated for my first year has grown on me over the course of four years. I have some posts coming up that will be my own mini tribute to this city!
  • Still no job or job leads, but I'm remaining hopeful.
  • Only five more days of school until summer! While I'm very happy for summer, I am super sad to be leaving behind my school. I have been so blessed there for the past three years.
  • Packing is coming along nicely. This past weekend while J was home we got some MAJOR work done in the garage and took a ton of stuff to the local children's hospital thrift store. It feels so nice to purge.
  • I am completely addicted to pinterest. Big surprise there.
  • I purchased a bed spread! Thanks for all of your help and comments on my post last week. Once I'm moved in and we're a little settled down there, I'll reveal which one we chose.
  • Rosie has turned out to be the strangest dog I've ever owned. We love her to pieces, but she does some of the goofiest things. She hates for me to talk on the phone and the minute I sit down to talk, she likes to sit right in front of me and "talk." I should try to find a way to get this on video!
  • I've been a horrible reader in 2011. I have a big list of books I'd like to read over the summer.
  • Did I mention that there's just five more days until summer vacation??!!

10 comments:

  1. Random comments: 1.Can't wait to see your bedspread! We need a new one so bad! Ours is just boring white from target. 2. I am also addicted to pinterest. I fear I'm going to have too many pins before long. 3. I got a Nook for christmas and that has seriously helped kick my butt with reading. I read about a book a week. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE pinterest! But I've been a slacker lately. I am, however, your latest follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a slacker with reading lately too. I've got a whole stack just waiting for me, but we always seem to get too busy in the summer.

    I'm glad moving is going well (as well as it can be!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll find a great job! Also can't wait to see your new bedspread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 more days until summer and then a move! praying for you! and all the rest is small stuff and will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five more days of school...AWESOME!! I'm following you on pinterest now! I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your last week of school! And good luck with packing- it will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving pinterest. I can't wait to see which bedspread you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoohoo summer vacation! Hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I am going to have to check out your pinterest! I cant believe you are moving in TWO weeks!!!! Ekkk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete