Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Monday...2 pasta dishes

I'd be lying if I said I've been cooking a lot lately. Instead, it's been quite the opposite, which you may have noticed from my lack of a Menu Monday post last week. Lots of eating out to see friends for one last time before the move, end of the year parties, and then a lot of nights where I find myself packing for hours on end and grabbing something quick from the freezer. However, in the past two weeks I did manage to cook two real meals. Nothing special but two easy and tasty meals.

Pasta with Butter, Mint, and Peas

This could not be any easier. Just mix some pasta, about a tablespoon of butter, a cup of frozen peas (cooked, obviously), and some mint (straight from the garden, thankyouverymuch!). I topped it with a little bit of garlic powder and some grated parmesan. The mint made it taste so fresh. Great summer pasta dish.

Pasta and "Awesome" Sauce

Another easy one. I buy a large can of whole tomatoes. Put them on low heat with any of your favorite spices (I like oregano, garlic powder, and basil). Mash the tomatoes up and then add in the most important ingredient...BUTTER! Add in about 2 tablespoons of butter (or more!) and leave on low heat for at least an hour. You want them just barely simmering. Serve over pasta and top with grated parmesan. Again, delicious and easy. It also always leaves me with tons of leftovers.

5 comments:

  1. Both recipes sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mint and peas are a good idea! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm that pasta with mint and peas looks so good. I have some mint growing in my garden so I will have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Thanks for sharing! I am all about some simple, quick recipes!

    ReplyDelete