Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BUSY!

Boy oh boy, the past few days have been a whirlwind. I thought June was crazy with the big move, but July seems to be just as busy!

Last week my good friend Tyler flew down to visit for a few days. She is currently homeless this month (ie...in between apartments) and since she's a teacher like me, she gets to go visit all her friends and family this month. Not a bad deal! We were happy to have her for a few days. She helped me explore Charlotte a little more. We did some shopping, tested out a few restaurants I've been wanting to try, and we sat by the pool with our friend Sarah (another friend we grew up with who lives in Charlotte). It was fun having her here!


This was last Wednesday at The Crepe Cellar...great restaurant!

She left Thursday evening, and then Friday afternoon, J and I packed up the dogs and we headed to the mountains in Virginia for a weekend at our friend's cabin. It was the most beautiful weekend. We've had the hottest temperatures this summer, but this past weekend the temps were super low...we were even wearing sweatshirts and pants in the evenings. It was a nice change to be away from that heat. There was a lot of game playing, a lot of DELICIOUS food, lounging by the water, and some reading.


SIDENOTE: While there I finished Lonesome Dove which was a pretty big moment! I have been reading it since January (I know, I know...I'm also embarrassed to admit that!). I've read some other books along the way, but this particular book has just taken me a long time. It is a very long book, but it's also not my typical read. In fact, I've never read a western before. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it, even though it took me 7 months to get through it. Some wonderful characters in that book that will stick with me for a long time.


After our cabin weekend, I rode back to Richmond with some friends and visited with my family for 2 days. Monday my little brother and I saw Harry Potter, and as I'm sure you could guess, I loved it!!! My love for Harry runs deep. I know it's the end, but I love the idea of reading the whole series to my children one day when they're old enough to get it. It will be my way of reliving the excitement of the books!


And then Tuesday I headed down to Norfolk/Virginia Beach (our old home) for some doctor appointments. I thought about rescheduling these with new doctors in NC, but this way I didn't have to move and immediately start searching for new doctors. Now I have some time to ask others and do a good search before scheduling appointments down there. The other reason I planned my trip for this week was my BFF from school was due to have her baby last week. I figured she'd be here by now and I could go by for a visit and love on the sweet baby...and that's almost how it worked out (this was my friend who we threw the potato shower for last month.)! Instead of coming on time last week, my friend had to be induced yesterday, but after a fairly quick labor, baby Spud was here by 4:30pm! And thank goodness, mom and dad didn't name her Spud. Her real name is Sophia Grace. Is that not the sweetest name? I'll share pictures of her later! She was a DOLL!


So here I am! I don't feel like the past few days have stopped. I fly back to Charlotte tonight, and I'll have a few days of rest at home with J and the pups, but then Sunday I head out again for a quick beach trip with two friends. This month will be over before I know it!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been very busy indeed! Any news on the job front yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun stuff going on! I love great trips with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great visits and so jealous you got to see Harry Potter!! I want to see it so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy bee! I'm jealous of all your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Busy Busy! But it’s ALL fun stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you've been going non-stop...but at least it all sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer is going way too fast! You get the beach, you get the mountains? What do I have? I am AT sea level. Okay, maybe 600 feet above sea level and its hot, hot, hot!

    I am jealous of the good food too :) I have been cutting out sugar, and let's just say - nothings the same around here.

    Can't wait to see Sophie Grace! I sure love a baby!

    ReplyDelete