Wednesday, July 27, 2011

pictures of us + a recipe + e-readers

Last year on our second anniversary, I thought it would be fun to start taking a picture each year of us on our anniversary. On our first year anniversary before I had this grand idea, we were in Princeton, NJ and Saratoga Springs, NY, and this was the only picture I got of the two of us on that day. Not that great, but at least I got one!


My idea for yearly pictures came last year, so with the help of our tripod, we took a bunch on our front steps. This one was my favorite...


And then yesterday to celebrate year three, we invited the pups to join us in our yearly photo in the backyard. Took a few tries, but we eventually got a good one!


My husband is a good sport for letting me use my self timer to get a "family" shot! Speaking of my wonderful husband, he treated me to a delicious dinner last night. Recipe courtesy of of our favorite, The Pioneer Woman. He made us Short Ribs in Tomato Sauce, served over Linguine. HOLY SMOKES. This meal was insanely good. The beef practically melted away in your mouth it was so tender.


According to him, this meal wasn't too difficult. Definitely a crowd pleaser, though!

Before dinner he surprised me with the new Nook!
He is the owner of a Nook Color, but I hadn't joined the world of e-readers! Now I feel like I'm a part of the 21st century! I can't wait to start purchasing books for it. I love that it's so small and light. Also love that I can even check out some books from our library on the Nook! And can I mention how he also managed to tie this in with the traditional 3rd year gift of leather? He got me a red, leather cover to go with it. Love it!



18 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! My husband and I have been taking a picture on every anniversary too :)

    I'm interested to know how you like the Nook. I get a migraine if I look at a computer screen too long so I've been hesitant to buy an e-reader. But I'm very tempted by all of the books you can download :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! You two are adorable =)

    Sounds like you had a FABULOUS anniversary! Mine 1-year wedding anni is this weekend. Time flies when you're having fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos! I love that purple on you and your hair is so long!!

    Great gift idea... I love the modern + traditional - smart man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband totally nailed the anniversary gift, I love it! I also love the idea of a yearly anniversary picture, I may have to steal it this year for our 2nd anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I have a Nook (Color) and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swore I'd never get an e-reader, but I have to admit...that Nook Color looks NICE, and I like that you can even get magazines on it... :) Tell me about how much you love it, and maybe it'll convince me I need one, too, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary!! your hair is getting so long too! : ) very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - your hair is so long! I love it! And your family photo - too cute! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great pic of you guys and the dogs, too cute! Happy anniversary, enjoy your Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year's picture is so good! What a neat gift too...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just loved looking at your post yesterday! What a gorgeous bride you were!!

    Happy Anniversary love. You two just keep getting better looking as the years go by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...Happy Anniversary! Love the family pic with you & your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! The photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! The photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! LOVE love the sweet photos and what a great gift from your hubby! He's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! (delayed) I LOVE the idea of the pictures each year and I REALLY love how this years' turned out! y'all are such a great looking couple!

    ReplyDelete