Friday, July 8, 2011

Pinnable Me: School Ideas

I've noticed a few other bloggers joining in on the Pinnable Me Fridays over at Paw Prints and Pastry Bags. I figured I'd join in this week!

One thing I have found that I am loving about Pinterest is the number of FABULOUS teacher and classroom ideas on there. Here are some of my favorites from this past week.




I love the idea of using old water bottle boxes to make into storage boxes. The possibilities for using this in the classroom are endless. The first idea to pop into my mind was using them for individual student book boxes. But then again, I also know my kids would destroy them. Either way, what a fun (and cheap!) idea!


Source: bhg.com via Rachel on Pinterest



This would be really fun in a writing center




Another wonderful storage idea. Cheap and easy and it even looks fun!




Totally a fun way to re-purpose a dish rack.




Isn't this a great way to arrange your students by reading level? She has each student's name with velcro on the back and she moves the students when they move reading levels. This simple idea could easily be used in math too when assessing children on a certain skill, like times tables. Move them up when they've mastered a set of numbers. Love it!




This one might seem silly, but I absolutely relate to the teacher who shared it! When you have old glue heads that are gunked up and need to be "de-gunked" put them in a bin and leave them somewhere in the class for students to work on if they finish something early. It's a job I hate doing, and it gives those early birds something to do so they don't get off task!




How wonderful is this kidney table? I so want to do this with some velcro in my new classroom (if I find a job...). Adds so much fun to a boring a reading table.




Isn't this a fabulous way to organize things on your desk? If you asked my students for one word to describe my desk, I'm sure they'd say MESSY! This would be perfect for me!

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the ideas where they've been recycled (love the milk jug containers!) What a great and green idea!

    i sure hope you find a job! You will have loads of ideas and will be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! I just love Pinterest school projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I love these ideas! So cute! I haven't even started thinking about classroom ideas for next year. I better get on that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I love all the ideas you can find on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ideas likes these make me wish I was a teacher! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these really cute ideas! I love the one for the pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun ideas :-) I LOVE pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have fallen in love with Pintrest for all the inspirational classroom ideas too. I wish there were more for older classrooms in case I get those grades...

    I hate not knowing about the fall as a teacher. Best of luck to you on your hunt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the patterned paper can idea! I'm not a teacher, but I might have to use that at home or in the office!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I was an education major for about 2 semesters, these ideas are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The milk jug colored pencils idea is super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these ideas! My class was brutal on supplies this year. I tossed everything at the end of the year. Last year they would have had the colored pencils arranged by color, the crayons in the boxes, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I am loving all of the fun teaching ideas I've been able to find on Pinterest lately.

    ReplyDelete