Friday, August 5, 2011

Kiva.org FREE trial!

I'm really excited to share this with you guys today! Back in 2009 I shared about Kiva, but I know I have grown in readers since then and I feel compelled to share again. Not only because I love this wonderful company, but because they have a pretty awesome special running right now.


So let's begin with this...what is Kiva.org?

Kiva is a non-profit organization that allows you to make loans to others around the world who are trying to get a business running. You're loans can be as much money as you'd like, or they can be as small as $25. Over time, the person you lend to pays you back, and then you an loan that money to someone else. J and I got $100 to Kiva for our wedding from a cousin of his back in 2008. Since then we have given out $550 in loans. It's amazing what this organization is doing. We have given to people in Ecuador, Mexico, Uganda, Kenya, Cambodia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Tajikistan, Guatemala, Bosnia....I could go on and on! Kiva allows you to help people all over the world. For more info about how Kiva works, go here.

But here is what's really cool right now.


Until August 13, Kiva is giving away $25 to 4,000 new users. All you have to do is sign up and you get $25 to loan. I think that since it's a free trial, Kiva gets the $25 back after it's been repaid. But hopefully you'll try it out and love it as much as we have! It is honestly a fabulous and easy organization to work with. I can't say enough good things.

SO. If you're interested in the free $25 to loan others, GO HERE. Again, you pay nothing. They are GIVING you $25 so you can help give to someone else! TRY IT!

ETA: All free loans have been given out. While I'm sad that you can't get the free trial, keep Kiva in mind for gifts for others. Giving a Kiva credit is honestly a gift that keeps on giving!

3 comments:

  1. I love kiva so much! I think I've given out over 30 loans, but it's so easy when you can continually re-loan all of the same money! Thanks for sharing this on your blog, I hope it inspires others to use kiva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! I have been searching for the perfect MOH gift for my sister who loves charitable work & almost always wants you to give to a charity rather than give her a gift. this is definitely going to be her gift! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for spreading the Kiva love!!! I think it's incredible and have blogged about it before but should again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete