Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life Update

This was my first weekend after the start of the school year, and as predicted, it was quite wonderful. The first few days of school are so exhausting. Part of it is the newness and getting back into the groove after being lazy all summer, and then it really is exhausting working with 26 new students. Friday night, we went out for Mexican, watched some Parks and Rec (our new favorite find on Netflix Instant), and I was falling asleep on the couch by about 9:30pm. Back to my normal self!

Since I spent most of last week updating for Teacher Week (which was so fun, by the way!), I feel like I haven't done a normal update in awhile. This post is going to be a little random, so hang in there...

A few weeks ago I won a thirty-one giveaway on Jenna's blog, and I got a new lunchbox in the mail. Right in time for the new school year! My former lunchbox had seen better days, so this was one giveaway I was very happy to win. I love it!


Here's my first day of school picture (you know, because I'm a fourth grader and all!). You can also see my new hairdo! I chopped off five inches earlier this week. I needed a good trim, and decided to do a little more than trim. It felt good to get some weight off. It was getting so long, which I loved, but a little too unmanageable for my taste. You can also see me sporting the new lunchbox here...seriously, I look just like my students.


I'm still loving my Erin Condren teacher planner. It has made lesson planning much more fun. I don't mind it as much when I'm using it!


And finally, I think my year is off to a pretty good start...in the first week I had a student bring my cookies (they were cookie sandwiches filled with cookie dough...SO yummy!) and this adorable Lilly Pulitzer reusable bag. How sweet is that?? I love all the colors on it.


In some much sadder new from the week, J's grandmother passed away on Friday. While very sad, we're happy that she had a full and blessed life. We'll be visiting with family and attending her funeral later this week. Very sad, but it will be nice to see family and remember her life. I love this picture my Father in Law sent us in an email the other day of both of J's grandparents.


So there you have it. Hope everyone has a great week...especially now that we have this hurricane past us on the East Coast!


16 comments:

  1. Loving your new layout...and the first day of school pic? Adorable!

    I hate to hear the sad news about your loved one! :(

    Thinking about y'all all the way from TN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitey agree. Ever since I got my Erin Condren teacher planner, i have enjoyed doing them more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute:) And so sorry to hear about your loss:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picture! And love both of the bags! I'm sorry to hear abou J's grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute bag!!

    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look how stinkin' cute you look on your first day of school! So glad your first week was a success. I'm very sorry to hear about J's grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look precious in your school pic! I also have a thirty one lunch bag and it's the perfect size for containers with leftovers in it. My last lunch bag was a Vera Bradely and it wasn't nearly as roomy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay first off - you look adorable in your first day of school picture!

    I'm so sorry for your loss - even when someone's had a full life it's not an easy thing to lose a loved one. Will be thinking about you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is so cute! I love your first day of school pic - complete with your new lunnchbox - adorable!!

    Sorry to hear about J's Grandmother....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hair, looks great! Hope your second week of school is just as great as your first!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the hair and so glad your school year is off to a good start!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about J's grandmother... what a beautiful picture of his grandparents though! I love it, so classic!

    I love your haircut too... so fresh and clean just in time for a new year! I need to get mine chopped but I'm feeling a bit chicken these days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new blog look!!! So fresh! Sorry about J's grandmother. Great first day of school picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You looked fantastic on your first day! I love the new hair cut. I'm sorry to hear about J's grandmother. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your school picture is too cute! I love your hair shorter! Saying a prayer for J's family. So sorry about his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear about J's grandmother. That's so hard..

    You look adorable! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete