Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Monday + Prayer Request

Before I go into my regular post for today, can I ask real quick favor from you?


Please take a second and visit sweet Becca's blog and leave her a note of encouragement or say a prayers for her family and their sweet little Caden. Caden was born last week and not long after his birth he was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect. Today he is undergoing open heart surgery and then will be in recovery for the next few days. I had the privilege to meet Becca at Beth Moore in Atlanta last year, and she is just as fabulous as she seems on her blog (except even more wonderful in real life!). Again, here's the link to her blog: The Stanley Clan.

Now onto Menu Monday...

My Meals:

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Spiedie Sauce and Corn on the Cob

Someone recently recommended this marinade to me and it's a winner! I marinated my chicken breasts for a few hours in it and they were fabulous on a bun with some brie on top of them. Love grilled chicken in the summer time!


Flank Steak Fajitas and Cuban Black Beans

YUMMMMMM!


J's Meals:

Oh my. This is a new favorite meatless dish in our home. So flavorful and the perfect amount of spicy. He also subbed light cream for heavy cream.


This continues to be one of my favorite meals J makes!


Grilled Swordfish with Lemon Butter + Corn on the Cob + Lemon Green Beans

Lemon Butter Recipe (thank you Trader Joe's!): 2 oz melted butter zest of 1 lemon 1T italian parsley 3/4t lemon pepper 1/4t sea salt

Lemon Green Beans: Cook fresh green beans in about a Tbsp of Olive Oil with a big pinch of lemon pepper. Toss and turn in pan for about 5-10 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. That marinade looks delicious! It looks almost like greek salad dressing that you get at really good authentic greek places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuum! Your menu looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmigosh! My dad's from NY where this is made, and I've grown up eating "spiedies." My parents did strips of chicken and steak with peppers and onions - sometimes as kabobs - but always grilled. So many memories of those!!

    ReplyDelete