Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Menu Monday (Tuesday?) OVERLOAD

Remember when there was a time when I used to regularly post my Menu Mondays on here? I used to be good about getting my meals up on here on Mondays, but this summer has been BUSY! I think it's been several weeks since my last MM post, so we're gonna play a little catch up today. There's been some great meals these past few weeks, so it's time to share!




Beef Skewers with Grilled Veggies, Cous Cous, and Skinny Tzatziki Sauce




Marinated Pork Chops with Corn on the Cob and Minted Snap Peas


And the ever popular among the blog world Tortellini and Tomato Summer Salad


And just a helpful trick. I remember seeing this on the Food Network once. When cutting corn off the cob, this seems to be the easiest way to do it. One of my favorite kitchen tips!

Put a smaller bowl in a large bowl, inner bowl upside down. Stand the corn on the small bowl, and hold corn in place with one hand and cut with knife in other hand.


When finished, your corn will all be in the bowl. I find that when I do it on a cutting board, corn goes everywhere. This is so much easier!


8 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum and YUM!!

    You know, I think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't made that tortellini salad...yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just printed your green chili frittata recipe, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so delicious! I can't wait to try the Pesto with pasta, peas, and sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try the tortellini salad. I've seen it on so many blogs...it has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you have been eating light like us. HEATWAVE here in OK! I am addicted to Greek salads right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my word! all of these make my mouth water!! I need to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much good food! I'll have one of everything!

    ReplyDelete