Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Teacher Planner

I know I've been a little MIA this past week, we can blame that on my return to work. I've had orientation the past three days, and tomorrow our official work week begins. It's perfect timing, because today my Erin Condren Teacher Planner arrived in the mail...and boy oh boy...I am excited! I am linking up with Meredith's blog to share my new planner!

I definitely had a lot of trouble getting my planner. Like many others, my order was lost and I had to replace the order. Once I replaced my order, it ended up shipping much later than expected. After getting in touch with EC and expressing that I was really hoping to have this before my work week, they promised to overnight it to me (free of charge) so I'd have it for the first day. They were true to their word and now I'm ready for all those back to school meetings.
(excuse the poor quality photos! I'm just so excited I had to share, even if the lighting is awful at this time in the evening!)

Many of the blogs I have seen linked up about the planners have been about the Life Planner. If you're a teacher, this is the planner for you. I'm already planning to buy another next year. The people at EC clearly spoke and listened to teachers before designing it. It's perfect.


This is the inside cover. I love all the pretty colors. Through out the whole thing there are lots of great quotes about teaching and education.


I love that on the important dates section it includes things like birthdays of some favorite children's authors like Marc Brown, Beverly Cleary, and Steven Kellogg. It's a fun little touch!


In the front you have some useful pages for things like sub info (however, I doubt I'd leave this for a sub...), birthdays, seating charts, absent logs, and a great checklist...they thought of everything! Most of these have 5-10 pages/copies in here, not just one.



After this is the basic calendar. One side allows you to fill in the physical calender for the month, the other side is a place for notes and lists.


And then we hit the BEST part, the actual planner. It's going to help organize me so much this year, I already know it. I will still write my plans on the computer (materials, objectives, standards, essential questions...all the fun stuff) and put them in a plans binder, but this will be my outline to go by for the week for everything else. I'll briefly write out my plans on here + any other extra stuff going on in the day (IEP meetings, assemblies, conferences).


It also comes with tons of stickers, where, once again, you can totally tell teacher's helped make this. Here are some of the stickers it came with: IEP, Holiday, benchmark, testing, progress reports due, report cards due, field trip....it has everything!!


And last but not least, in the back there is a pocket with all kinds of fun stickers and labels...


There are also some cards in there to give to my coworkers (whom I'm sure will be asking about my awesome planner when they see it!) to get $10 off on their order. Nice thinking!

I also want to point out that EC sent me two coupons for myself. One to save $25 for being so patient on my order and the other is for $20 because I'm an educator. I am officially in love with company. Earlier this wee, I'll admit it, I was upset that my planner hadn't shipped and know one had gotten in touch with me, but I'm very happy to report that they stepped up their customer service and I will now be returning and passing their name on.

Off to bed for my big first day tomorrow at school to meet the whole staff. Wish me luck!

20 comments:

  1. I love this! Best of luck on your new job :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I start at the end of the month. Our kid's get agendas, and there is always an extra for me. I am glad not to have to spend the $$!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your planner. Ok, I am definitely buying one for next school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your planner is too cute! I just ordered an Erin Condren life planner and am counting down the days until it arrives! Have a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks wonderful! I bet my mom wishes she had such a thing many years ago when she still taught. Wishing you a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thing looks awesome...Mine is supposed to be here on Friday (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun planner! I'm not a teacher and that makes it look like so much fun! Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the teacher planner!!! Wow. I'm currently waiting on my Life Planner...but I'm so happy to see how awesome the teacher planner is too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you finally got your planner! Its looks amazing. I am supposed to get mine today and now I am very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I'm in love! I think I might just need to get the teacher planner, even though I also type my daily plans. It would be good for long term planning, quick notes on what I want to cover, special events, etc.
    Good luck meeting the whole staff today, I can't wait to hear how it goes. You'll be great, and I'm sure everyone will just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck!

    I ordered the Life Planner and it should be here any day! I'm excited! If I was going back to teaching and not staying home with my son, I would totally have gotten the teacher planner too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So neat! I passed this along to a teacher friend of mine. I bet this is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I totally want one of those! Even though I don't teach anymore. Is that weird? What an awesome lesson planner!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been seeing so much of these Life Planners!! Cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not even a teacher and I love this!! Hope your first few days have gone well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that you are loving yours. I have been busy filling mine out for the new school year- it makes planning a bit more fun. :)
    Although, I will say I'm a tad jealous of your $20 coupon- mine didn't come with one- you must just be lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm way late in catching up on blogs - please forgive me. That planner is ADORABLE. Erin Condren does it right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your planner is amazing! I would love to have one & I'm not even a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! I didnt find this beautiful planner in my country, Indonesia :(

    ReplyDelete