Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog Love

We just returned from a whirlwind weekend that took us to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin. I'm exhausted, to say the least!

I have lots to share about our weekend away, but today I want to link up with Kelly's Korner from Friday about some of my favorite blogs.  I know I'm a few days late, but I do have a few blogs that I just adore, and I feel the need to share so that you can start reading them, too (if you're not already!). There are so so SO many blogs that I love and read daily, but this is just a VERY small sampling of them!  

#1 -  Stephanie Howell's Blog: Just Me, My Soldier, and our 4 Chicks


If you go way back in the archives of my blog, you will notice that a lot of my first posts were about scrapbooking. I started blogging because back in the summer of 2007, I became obsessed with some of the amazing scrapbook blogs out there.  Somewhere along the way, I stumbled upon Stephanie's blog, and I'm sort of obsessed (in a non creepy way, promise!).  Stephanie is a mom to 4 girls (two of which are twin babies) and her husband is an Army Ranger.  She blogs from her heart, and I love her way with words. She is funny and makes me laugh (and so do her stories about her girls, like her oldest who loves clothes and calls it 'ashion), but she is also so poignant and hits the nail right on the head sometimes.  On top of all this, she is crazy creative and I am also so inspired by her blog. I couldn't even tell you the last time I scrapbooked, and I'm not a mom, but Stephanie's blog is one of my all time favorites. I know she doesn't know me, but reading her blog is a daily must for me!

#2 - Paige over at Simple Thoughts



Again, Paige is the mother to 4 girls, but her girls range in age from 5th grade to a freshmen in college.  I read Paige's blog, and I often think about the woman I want to be in 10-15 years.  She is an amazing mother, she takes fantastic photos, her house is so beautifully decorated, and most importantly, she has a real passion for the Lord.  I absolutely love everything about Paige's blog and the way she shares her life with her readers.  When her three oldest girls were quite young, she lost her first husband to cancer.  She has often written about this, and other tough situations that she has overcome, and it always makes me evaluate the person that I am and I want to be.  She has such strength, and from reading her blog, I know that she is beautiful, inside and out.  Go visit...I promise you'll be there awhile!

#3 - Newlyweds Next Door


I'm pretty sure a lot of you read NND's blog already, but if not, you should begin! This is one of my blog "friends" who I truly consider to be a real friend.  She is one of the sweetest and and kindest girls I've gotten to "know" in the blog world, We are polar opposites in some ways. She's a California West Coast girl, while I've been on the East Coast my whole life.  She works in corporate America, I'm an elementary school teacher. But then there are so many things that have brought the two of us together as friends. I feel so lucky to have "met" people like NND through blogging!



Kate cooks very well. She is funny (this post had me in tears). She is having a baby (!!!). She loves to travel.  She watches most of my favorite TV shows. She is someone I wish I could hang out with on a regular basis!  If I lived down in Texas, I'd want to be getting together with Kate for foodie meet ups, and for a microbrew/glass of wine (when she wasn't growing a bebe!) from time to time.  Again, I have a feeling that a lot of my readers already read her blog on a consistent basis, but if not, it's time you start!

So there you have it.  4 of my very favorites.  If you are not reading any of them, just stop by for a quick visit.  I promise that each one will suck you in!

And before I leave, I just HAVE to link to my friend Whitney Caroline's blog so you can watch her accent vlog. I met Whitney living in Norfolk, VA, and I consider her to be a dear friend. I absolutely love her South Carolina accent, so I'm so happy she participated in the blog fun. Made me miss her more than I already did!

8 comments:

  1. I've never read either of the first 2. I need to check those out! And you are definitely one of my favs! So thankful for your friendship in the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness thank you SO much for your kind words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate too - she is seriously one of the funniest writers I've ever read.

    I'll definitely have to check out the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thanks for the blog love! I'm so glad we're friends too! :)

    Also I loved your accent vlog. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, more good blogs to read LOL!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the shoutout! You are one of my very favorite blogs - and one of the first that pops up in my Reader since I always click on it first :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Paige's blog before and it's so inspiring! Seriously, I want to be just like her when I grow up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these Links. :)

    ReplyDelete