Thursday, September 15, 2011

blog your heart

I was inspired by two of my very favorite bloggers (Stephanie and Ali) to blog my heart today...


Here is what is real in my life right now:
  • I have a giant pile of laundry on the couch beside me as I type this. It's been here since Tuesday.
  • I am really nervous for my eye appointment tomorrow. So afraid that they'll either say there's nothing they can do, or it will be something very serious. I know in the back of my mind, that I'm likely going to be okay, but I let the doubt overpower that.
  • I really miss my old job. Like, really bad. It's not that my new job isn't a good fit, because it is, it really is. I have wonderfully kind coworkers, great students, a supportive administration....but I just miss my normal. The new job has not started to feel like normal yet. I hope that transition starts soon.
  • I haven't put a single grade in my grade book since school began (today was day 15)
  • We've been dealing with 2 VERY weird dogs lately. After their trip to the kennel over Labor Day weekend, we've come home to some NOT so nice surprises...we think Layla was legit sick, but Rosie just decided to spite us. I won't even share what she did...you'll just have to trust me, it was bad. It involved our bed comforter and a trip to the dry cleaners.
  • Despite my job not feeling like it's "my" job, we're loving this new chapter. We love the city, the people, J's job is fabulous...Charlotte has been a good fit.
  • The day I saw the ophthalmologist, I got myself Chick-Fil-A for dinner, then followed it up with a bowl of ice cream. I certainly know how to make myself feel better.  I know it wasn't the best choice of meals, but sometimes, that's just what I need.
  • I haven't been to the gym since school started. This makes me feel lousy, but I just can't get my feet on the ground at school. Last year was my 4th year of teaching in VA, and I finally felt like I had it together (well, at least a little!). This year, I feel like I'm back at square one in a lot of ways.
  • J was in Florida last weekend, and I totally missed him the 3 nights he was away. I used to think that married people couldn't possibly miss one another since they're together all the time...that's definitely not the case. I guess I'm lucky to have someone who I miss after just a few days apart.

15 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you & eager to hear the good news and solution to your eye problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much for being brave enough to join in... I hope your eye appointment goes well. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your eye appointment goes well and it ends up being nothing! I also pick Chick-fil-a for a pick-me-up meal. With lots of Chick-fil-a sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I totally feel ya! This year I feel like I started teaching for the first time again. Last year was a breeze compared to this school. Don't get me wrong, it's great, but insanely different from my last school district and everything I was taught in grad school. Doesn't help the dogs act stupid every night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry youre still dealing with the eye issue. Praying for a good appointment tomorrow!

    laundry is just currently rotating from our couch right now. I couldn't even tell you the last time it gotnput away.that should make you feel some better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking of you with your eye appt. tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be able to get all of the answers you're hoping for!
    I completely feel you on all of your school woes, I feel like I need a teacher chat that allows me to vent about my job related stresses. I can't find my groove at all this year, and am absolutely exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for great news at the eye appointment... and if it makes you feel better, my laundry pile is legit almost a month old. I suck at life lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely comment because I read on my phone, but had to drop by and tell you that I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I know it must be so scary just waiting to find out what's wrong and praying it's nothing too major.

    I'm glad you're enjoying Charlotte. It's hard to get adjusted to a new city. It's my hometown, I'm in Greensboro now but my mom is still there, so I'm particularly fond. But, it's a big place and sometimes hard to get acclimated.

    For what it's worth. I'm doing okay with the laundry, but I pretty much never mop my floors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate to the Chick-Fli-A and ice cream!! I am def. guilty of doing that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Starting a new job is tough...the transition never goes as quickly as you want. Hope you start to settle in soon. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post...chick-fil-a and ice cream is definitely one of those acceptable guilty pleasures!

    And I hear you about missing Hubby, I hate it when he's gone for even one night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. R - This was such a great post! I'm sorry about the puppies...remind me on Monday to tell you a story that might make you feel better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!!I am so glad you like the city and I hope the job feels right soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww. My hubby is a police officer so there are often several days in a row where we see each other in passing around 6:30am (I'm waking up to go to school and he's coming to bed after working a 12 hour night shift). You are lucky lucky lucky to see your hubby as much as you do!! :) Oh, and Chick-fil-A plus ice cream is a pretty amazing dinner choice if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chick Fil A makes everything better. I'm convinced there's nothing a chicken sandwich can't fix.

    ReplyDelete