Here is what is real in my life right now:
- I have a giant pile of laundry on the couch beside me as I type this. It's been here since Tuesday.
- I am really nervous for my eye appointment tomorrow. So afraid that they'll either say there's nothing they can do, or it will be something very serious. I know in the back of my mind, that I'm likely going to be okay, but I let the doubt overpower that.
- I really miss my old job. Like, really bad. It's not that my new job isn't a good fit, because it is, it really is. I have wonderfully kind coworkers, great students, a supportive administration....but I just miss my normal. The new job has not started to feel like normal yet. I hope that transition starts soon.
- I haven't put a single grade in my grade book since school began (today was day 15)
- We've been dealing with 2 VERY weird dogs lately. After their trip to the kennel over Labor Day weekend, we've come home to some NOT so nice surprises...we think Layla was legit sick, but Rosie just decided to spite us. I won't even share what she did...you'll just have to trust me, it was bad. It involved our bed comforter and a trip to the dry cleaners.
- Despite my job not feeling like it's "my" job, we're loving this new chapter. We love the city, the people, J's job is fabulous...Charlotte has been a good fit.
- The day I saw the ophthalmologist, I got myself Chick-Fil-A for dinner, then followed it up with a bowl of ice cream. I certainly know how to make myself feel better. I know it wasn't the best choice of meals, but sometimes, that's just what I need.
- I haven't been to the gym since school started. This makes me feel lousy, but I just can't get my feet on the ground at school. Last year was my 4th year of teaching in VA, and I finally felt like I had it together (well, at least a little!). This year, I feel like I'm back at square one in a lot of ways.
- J was in Florida last weekend, and I totally missed him the 3 nights he was away. I used to think that married people couldn't possibly miss one another since they're together all the time...that's definitely not the case. I guess I'm lucky to have someone who I miss after just a few days apart.