Tuesday, September 27, 2011

fall weddings

This weekend we attended our FIRST wedding of 2011. This is the the first time in probably 6 years that my summer wasn't packed with weddings. We have a lot this fall, but it was rather nice having the summer off!  

This wedding was for a good friend of J's from high school. He has a solid group of guy friends who he has remained close with over the years, and it's always nice to see them and their wives and girlfriends, so this wedding also served as a fun reunion!

Here's my hot date and I before the wedding.  We stayed at my parent's, so we had my mom on hand to snap a few pictures before we left!




The bride! Her dress was so pretty....and different! I have never seen a dress like it, but it was perfect.


The happy couple!


Pretty table settings...


Some other friends at the wedding, Scott and Christine! Christine is one my blog readers...hi Christine!


They looked like they planned the blue, don't they?



As expected, it was a fun evening, and a great chance to celebrate with friends.  Plus...it's fun to wear a pretty dress from time to time! 

We have wedding #2 in about 2 weeks, and that one is J's brother's wedding up in New Hampshire. I can't wait for the pictures of New England in the fall!  I've never been this time of year, so I'm hoping for gorgeous weather.  Fingers are crossed!

14 comments:

  1. I love your blue dress! I'm glad you're back, I missed your blog last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the bride with her dad reminds me of someone I went to college with...everyone has a twin out there somewhere!!

    I LOVE your dress...that color blue looks AWESOME on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress was so pretty! I just love that color. It looks like it was a gorgeous wedding. I like her dress! You are right it is different, but she definitely pulls it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look FANTASTIC!! I'm glad you had a good time! The bride's dress was pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so pretty!

    The brides dress is stunning.
    Oh- and for some reason my facebook suggested you as a friend-I look at the picture and I'm like is that Rachel from No Simple Language? How does FB know I read her blog?? So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures of you guys! Love the blue dress on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two look so nice in your picture! Such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look great! Your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice blue dress!

    I also love the wedding dress. I'm not sure I could pull it off but it looks great on her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dress!! I wore navy to a wedding last weekend and matched my hubby as well! Y'all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like a celebrity! Hi Rachel. :) Nice update...again, you always take GREAT shots at weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. (new to your blog!)
    Love your outfit for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys look fabulous!! Can't wait to hear about/see pics from your New Engkand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous in that blue dress! Girl, that is your color. What a good looking couple you guys are =)

    ReplyDelete