Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Menu Monday...I mean Tuesday!

So much for posting this on MONDAY! I think the holiday through me off and at about 9:30 last night it hit me that it was Monday, not Sunday.  I know you all were anxiously awaiting to see what meals we've been enjoying.  Please forgive me!

Even though we did a lot of traveling last week, there was still a lot of cooking going on in our home.

My meals:



I have always hated broccoli. ALWAYS. I have had it prepped about a dozen different ways, and I just don't like it.  That is....until I tried this recipe! I found it on Pinterest and now I CRAVE broccoli like this. It was so tasty!  And the breaded shrimp recipe from SkinnyTaste, it was also quite delicious!


Spinach Pesto Gnocchi and Goat Cheese (from Everyday with Rachael Ray Oct 2011)

This recipe came in a pull out from my issue of Rachael Ray this month, but now I can't find the pull out to type up the recipe for you! Even worse, I can't find the recipe online.  Sorry team!  The recipe was OKAY, but the goat cheese was too much for me.  I think the meal has potential, but I'd make some changes next time.  I'll keep looking for the recipe for those who want it.

J's Meals:

Lazy Lobster (recipe below) + Mixed Green Salad with 
white beans, artichokes, and lemon vinaigrette

 This is a meal that J remembers his Granny making for him for a lot of his life when he went to visit her in Massachusetts.  The weekend after she passed away, we enjoyed this meal in her honor.  Here's his quick recipe he emailed me:

one pound of linguine + pack (~12-16 oz) of lobster in awesome sauce (28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, 1/2 stick butter, 1 onion [quartered, simmered with the sauce, and removed before serving])


Kidney Beans and Chorizo Chicken Sausage


This still remains one of my very favorite meals!  In an effort to cut back on some calories and fat, I asked J to make it with chicken sausage instead of regular chorizo. It was still delicious, but a little different. Definitely an adjustment I wouldn't mind doing again.



WOW. This was everything one hopes for in a breakfast casserole. Only thing it was missing...some grits!  We plan to save this recipe to serve a crowd for breakfast in the future!



7 comments:

  1. BREAKFAST CASSEROLE.

    ZOMG, I've been craving breakfast casserole for about 2 weeks now... it hit me midday at work and hasn't let go since! Have I mentioned I want my oven back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rachel Ray Gnocchi looks awesome! Please please please post the recipe if you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm yummy! Everything looks so good. The link for the breakfast casserole isn't working... is their anyway you could send it to me? I definitely want to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevermind, ignore my comment - got it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing that broccoli recipe all around Pinterest and have been wanting to try it.

    I'm going to have to test it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm, I was glad that you tried roasted broccoli and loved it! so good :) that gnocchi looks SO good! I have not had a breakfast casserole like that, I'll have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete