Thursday, September 29, 2011

Segway Tour

I need to start this post by saying, if you ever, for any reason, thought I was "cool," you better erase that idea from your mind now. Because what you're about to see, will totally go against that. 

On Sunday morning, we attended a Segway Tour of Richmond. Last year for Christmas, my mom gave us this after she found a great deal on Groupon.  To be honest, I was really just going because it was a gift. I wasn't all that excited for it. But y'all....I now want to go on a Segway Tour in every city I visit!!


Seriously. This was the most fun I've had in 2 hours in a LONG time. My husband and brother are both itching to get their own Segway now (Not that either of them have any good reason to own a Segway!).


The hardest part was getting on the Segway, but once you were on for about 2 minutes, you had it down.  By the end of the day, we all had them up to their top speed of 11.5 mph!




J was a rebel and took his picture without wearing his helmet. Our guide, Buzz, probably wouldn't have liked this! 


We have some weekend trips coming up to new cities and we're already looking into Segway Tours in those cities. I know that we look like complete DORKS on them (trust me, I see it too!), but it's such a fun way to see a city!  



Also...any other Arrested Development fans out there? We pretended we were G.O.B. Bluth all day long...."I've made a huge mistake, Michael."




Man, I miss that show.

So there you have it, my nerdiest moment on the blog, but I have no shame and I'm ready to do it again!  How much do you love this year's Christmas picture that we took on the tour?


Happy Segwaying friends!

17 comments:

  1. haha I love this! And being able to pretend that you're G.O.B. definitely sweetens the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is hilarious. Ha!! It really does look like fun though. I may have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. look how cute y'all look! :) it sounds like it was so much fun! what a fun adventure and memory too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be in Chicago for my birthday and one of my friends is BEGGING me to let us all do Segway tours. She's weird, but I agree with you - it looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've wanted to do a Segway tour of DC for a while. I never thought about doing one in Richmond! I grew up there and my parents are still there. What was the company you did it through?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always want to ride (drive?) a Segway. This looks like fun! I bet it was such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! How fun!!!!!! And that picture should totally make the Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! so fun! you guys look like you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally impressed! I will admit segways scare me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That actually seems like it would be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! A friend of mine went on a segway tour in Spain! And YES! To Arrested Development! We love love love that show! So miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally want to go do this! It looks like an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! I want to try out a Segway so bad. In college my group did this whole presentation about introducing Segway "mini cars" in other countries. Ha... totally ridiculous but funny. And speaking of ridiculous and funny, I miss Arrested Development, too! That show was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I didn't even consider that a Segway tour could mean talking like Gob all day. Needs to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That should totally be your Christmas card picture!

    There is a Segway tour of Asheville that goes by my office during the fall. We always make fun of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ever since Mall Cop, my kids have been on us to get one :) we would love to take it caping to ride around th campground! Too funny! Love the Christmas picture - you guys are going to be such cool parents!!!

    ReplyDelete