I loved doing this post last month and linking up to Stephanie Howell's blog. I'm feeling the need to participate again this month.
Here's what's real in my life right now:
- I went back to my retinal specialist this week. Things with my eye are okay, but not wonderful. If things don't progress, I'm likely going to need injections in my eye. I got a new drop to try out and I'm really praying that it gets the job done.
- I dragged J to the retinal specialist with me because I was too afraid to go on my own. I was so nervous about what the doctor was going to tell me since things aren't getting better. Having him there with him helped me keep me at ease. He is one keeper of a husband (and he made us spaghetti when we got home!).
- I quite often go through out the week with chipped finger nail polish. I am that girl.
- I am finding that meeting new friends isn't as easy as a grown up as it was as a kid or even in college. This isn't something "new" to me, I guess I've just noticed it a lot lately being in a new place. However, I feel so fortunate for the internet. I have met some great girls since moving to Charlotte who I met through blogging and tweeting. I feel fortunate to call them my new friends!
- I would love a pair of new boots from Frye...I'd really love that. But I also know that shoes that expensive are just not where I should put my money right now. So what do I get instead? Boots from Target. And you know what? I got compliments all day on Wednesday when I wore them. Who says $30 can't make you look and feel great? Am I still jealous of all of the gals I know in their $300 boots? Definitely. But am I happy in mine? Yes.
- My little sister just got hired for a job that's about a million times more awesome than mine. She's the Marc Jacobs rep for Bloomingdales in NYC. And in case you forgot, I still teach 4th graders. She is way cooler. But I wouldn't trade.
- I turn 28 in about a month. I can't even wrap my mind around that right now.