Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crowder's Mountain Hike

This past Saturday, we went for our first "family" hike in North Carolina. We went to Crowder's Mountain State Park, which was only about 40 minutes from our home. Perfect for a day hike! I was expecting an easy, simple hike, but it ended up being a little more strenuous than I had imagined. Nothing horrible, but my thighs and glutes were definitely feeling the burn on Sunday.  


I loved that you can see the Charlotte skyline from the top of the mountain!  The beautiful, clear weather helped with that.

Rosie was a total champ. This was my first real hike with her (by real, I mean, up a mountain), but she did great and was actually a great listener (a skill that she often need to work on!). 




Stopping for a quick hug!

Here's J and both the pups stopping for a break at the top.


And time to head back down...



This fall weather is just so gorgeous. I love being outside and enjoying it while we can.  I'm sure many of you feel the same way!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that a great hike?! I haven't done it in a few years but it's so scenic and pretty at the top. You are quickly finding some of CLT's best spots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and sooooo beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! That seems like a pretty nice little hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love that first photo! The view looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been here!! I'm a NC girl, too!! So glad I found your cute blog!!

    everydayaem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete