Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween in our home...

We have no kiddies to dress up, and my husband would rather cut off his own arms than dress up the dogs! This means that our Halloween pretty much consists of pumpkin carving, seed roasting, eating all the candy we buy for the neighborhood kids, and of course, pumpkin beer!

This year I was the "designer" of the team, and J was the carver. I just envision trips to the ER for stitches if I am the one doing the carving.




I am quite pleased with our final product!

This is one of our batches of pumpkin seeds. I did one batch with salt and garlic powder, and my second batch was chili powder and paprika (thanks to Maggie's suggestions!). Both are yummy! I have been eating them non stop!


And then there's this...we just can't stop. Good thing we only had about 6 trick or treaters tonight!


Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

  1. I love how your pumpkins turned out! We were too lazy to carve ours. But we dressed up on Saturday so I guess that counts as getting into the Halloween spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your pumpkin seeds come out crispy and easy to eat? We did some again this year but they were kind of hard to eat...maybe we need to cook them more (or less)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those pumpkins! Looks like a great Halloween to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkins turned out so great!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Now, get yourself a carving kit on sale at Michaels so you can use those little safe saws rather than the sharp kitchen knives ... the carving picture gives me the willies! The little saws work wonders and they make it virtually impossible to send yourself to the ER :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm pumpkin seeds sounds so good right now! We didn't carve our pumpkins, but maybe I'll cut them up to make roasted pumpkin seeds before they go bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the monogrammed pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't get too many trick or treaters either. It's a good thing too - KB had all of the Blow Pops eaten by 7:00.

    ReplyDelete