Sunday, October 16, 2011

lazy weekend

This has been one lazy and relaxing weekend.  After lots of busy traveling last weekend, it was nice to stick around town the past two days. Here's a look at the weekend in pictures (mostly from my phone).

Saturday we attended a football watching party for JMU through the alumni group here in Charlotte. It was fun meeting some fellow Dukes in my new city, plus we won. So that's always fun!


Since Friday morning, I've been feeling pretty yucky. I've had a sore throat, achey joints, plus a lot of congestion.  That's been no fun.  These cough drops have been amazing for my throat, though.  I'm feeling slightly better today, but I think all of the napping I've done has helped.  I hope I'm feeling back to normal by tomorrow. I don't have it in me to put together sub plans.


I ordered these flats from target.com recently and I am in LOVE. I think someone blogged or tweeted about them, and then I saw that there was a major shoe sale going on online.  I snatched these up and I'm thinking I might need to order some in other colors/patterns. They are, hands down, the most comfortable pair of flats I've ever owned. I wear flats all the time (one because I'm tall, and two because they're so practical for teachers), but they often give me blisters.  Not these.  No rubbing on my heel. And for $12.99?  I don't think you can beat that.


Fingernail painting...Essie's Wrapped in Rubies



This morning J and I went out for bagels...is there anything better than an everything bagel smothered in cream cheese? I don't think so...


And as much as I wanted to lay around and do nothing today, I had to make a trip to Harris Teeter. We meal planned this morning and I stocked up this afternoon.  Remind to stick to weekday grocery shopping. Sundays are always so crowded.


These two spent a lot of the weekend outside helping us with yard work


...and starring out the window and barking at the stray cats who hang out in our yard.


And despite the fact that I have a yucky cold, I still enjoyed a few beers.  This is my favorite beer at the moment from New Belgium. So rich and tasty!



And now it's back to grading papers and school tomorrow. The weekend flies by too quickly. Anyone else feel that way?

6 comments:

  1. Completely agree about how quickly they go by. How can we stop that?!?!

    I need to try that beer. I don't even think I've seen it around..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you blogged about those flats! I was debating buying them myself and you just made up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute flats...and you certainly can't beat that price!

    I hate grocery shoppin on Sunday afternoons, but it seems like this is when I go so often...I need to get out of that habit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure I am going to have to order those flats! I've been wanting a pair like that and that is by far the best price I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cough drops work wonders! My coworker gave me some last week and they felt so good on my scratchy throat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Essie color!

    ReplyDelete