Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu Monday + A Guest Post

Late hours at work, trips out of town, and a few sick days have left the menu slacking a bit in the past 2 weeks.  I skipped out on MM last week, so here I am today with the 4 meals we've made over the last two weeks.  And I can proudly say that we loved all 4!

J's Meals:



Another win for Pioneer Woman. We're big pizza lovers in our home, but tie in some flank steak and I am in heaven. This was delicious.


My Meals:




What a great soup. It was hearty and delicious and perfect for my sick weekend. I have never loved your standard chicken noodle soup, so I liked PW's spin on this recipe.

Pan Seared Gnocchi with Sausage and Onions


This was my own little creation. I cooked gnocchi according the package. While cooking I sauteed an onion and the sausage (I used an apple chardonnay chicken sausage from TJ's) in some butter (about a tablespoon).  Once I drained the gnocchi, I threw it in the pan and let and cook a little in the pan.  For a quick, throw together meal, this was pretty yummy!



Unless you're a brand new reader, you already know of my love of this meal. I ate the leftovers at school today, and I sort of considered licking the tupperware right there in the teacher's lounge. It's just so good.

And finally...visit Emily and Nick's blog, The Culinary Couple, to see my guest post today! They are spending time with their brand new baby boy, Samuel, and I had the honor of stepping in and sharing a recipe today.  Go check it: Pumpkin Spice Muffins!


6 comments:

  1. The steak pizza looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am adding that soup to my "to make" list! Yum! Your meal planning posts always make me so hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That steak pizza looks amazing - definitely looks like our type of meal! We will definitely be trying this one next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, everything always looks and sounds so yummy! I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am DEFINITELY going to make those pumpkin muffins! I don't believe in muffins or cupcakes without a mix...butter and flour is a lot more work and it doesn't taste nearly as good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had your gnocchi creation and it was pretty tasty! Perfect for a quick dinner!

    ReplyDelete