Saturday, October 29, 2011

scarf swap!

I recently signed up for a "fall scarf swap" over on Mrs. Smith's blog.  I signed up along with some other girls, and then she paired us up to "swap" scarves.  J thought this was the goofiest thing he'd ever heard of. He asked me why I would spend money on a scarf for someone else, only to get one in return. One that I might not even like since I wasn't picking it out for myself. I guess he just doesn't understand the fun of a swap!  I live for ornament exchanges at Christmas time. This is like the fall version of that!

Anyhow....I got paired up with Mrs. Smith herself and just loved the scarf she sent me!



It is so not something I would have picked out for myself, but I love it! I tend to steer toward floral prints.  This fun geometric design is a fun addition to my scarf collection! 

I wore it on Friday for parent teacher conferences, and I received many compliments on it.


Scarves might be my favorite part of fall! Well...only after pumpkins and apple cider!

Thanks again Mrs. Smith
You can visit her blog to see what I sent her.

10 comments:

  1. I love the scarf you got!! I also love that little denim jacket you are wearing! Where is it from?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scarf! It looks great on you, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scarf, I love your jacket and I love your Target boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaps are so much fun and I love a good scarf. The one Mrs. Smith sent you is really nice. I love it paired with that jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute scarf! I've never participated in a swap, but will be hosting a Christmas one soon! Hope you'll join in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this scarf! I am lacking a grey scarf in my neckwear arsenal. I need to correct this as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so cute on you! And Mr. Smith thought it was so weird too, but I think the best part is that we both got something we wouldn't normally buy for ourselves but still love love love. :) And now that I see it on you, I may have to go back to the store and buy another one to keep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love scarves, definitely a fall must have! I totally missed out on this swap- bummer! Mrs. Smith picked out a cute one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I really love the one you received. It looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this scarf and the one you got for her.

    Where is this one from?

    ReplyDelete