Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So today was pretty sucky...


no voice from Rachel W on Vimeo.


(Sorry it cut off so abruptly at the end...my MacBook must not have been able to handle my voice box. Also, Vimeo reversed me in this video and now I feel like I look so strange.)

But really, y'all. This is no fun. Last night for about 5 minutes I thought my voice was cool and raspy like Mylie Cyrus or Emma Stone (so cool, right? no?) but then after just half an hour of teaching today it went from what I thought was cool to that of a dying duck.

Spending my night with some hot tea, some cough syrup, and maybe even some whiskey.

(just kidding about the whiskey...maybe....a coworker said it always cures her when she's feeling hoarse)

13 comments:

  1. My MIL swears by putting whiskey in tea w honey... I'm sorry! I hope you get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. try the whiskey with honey for real. it works!

    hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had to teach today with that voice.

    Stay strong, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better soon! It's not fun not having a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect think is no talking which is impossible with our jobs! Try propolis is natural and good for voice , i always keep a spray in my nag , just in case ...
    Be carefull with your voice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad loses his voice around this time of year, too...without fail. He says that HE sounds like Wolfman Jack. Um, yeah, I should Google that.

    Anyways, I hope you get your Rachel voice back...you're not the same without it! And, I know NOTHING about whiskey & honey, but if everyone else says it works...take it to the head!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry!! Teaching is the hardest job when you're hoarse. It's almost impossible! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor girl :( feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww man! Being sick is NO FUN! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better!

    I've heard that the whiskey trick really works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so sorry! It sucks to be sick, especially at the beginning of the week when you know you have five days ahead of you. I hope you get your voice back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon! It's amazing how fast the germs move once school starts.

    At least tomorrow is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You poor thing:( I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete