Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bavarian Apple Cake

Last week I made this cake for our "treats" day in the teacher's lounge.  My mom shared the recipe with me earlier in the fall, and I'm pretty sure this is a recipe I'll hang on to. It was a big success!

Bavarian Apple Cake

2 cups flour
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
5 apples, peeled and thinly sliced (approx. 4 cups)
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
½ cup confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 7 ingredients; add apples and nuts. Spread batter into an non-greased cake pan (11 x 13). Bake 35 mins or until center springs back when touched lightly.  Allow to cool slightly and serve in squares w/ a dusting of sugar on each serving.  Yields 12-15 three inch squares.

Note: Batter will be thick and chunky.  Do not grease or flour the pan 

Pre-Bake



Finished Product


3 comments:

  1. Yum!! Looks delish! Might need to make up a reason to make this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super yummy! :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I bet all your fellow teachers love you.

    ReplyDelete