Wednesday, November 30, 2011

birthday girl

Today I turn 28.


Yep, if you paid attention this week then you realized my husband and I have birthdays just two days apart.  That means we go all out for birthday week in our home. It's birthday cake central in our kitchen.

This past year has been kind of funny. When I turned 27 a year ago, I was feeling really old.  But lately, I am kind of liking this whole "late 20's" things. A year ago all I could think about was the fact that I was three years away from 30. And even though I still joke about how I am now two years away from it, I'm kind of okay with that. I feel like this is the right fit for the place I am at in my life right now.

In my upcoming year, I hope I enjoy a lot of delicious meals. I hope I keep up with and invest in all of my current friendships and continue to form new ones in this new city. I hope I drink some delicious brews. I hope that I would keep on learning how to have patience. I hope I grow as a wife. And as an educator. I hope I continue to feel comfortable in my own skin and not care so much numbers and jean sizes.  I hope I can look back at this post in a year and feel like I was successful.

There's so much I hope for in this next year.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Here's to another year!


21 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday, friend!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great birthday, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday Rachel. I feel the same way about approaching 30. The thought used to scare me but not so much anymore. I love your goals and I hope your 28th year is all you hope it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday! I love your "goals" for Year 28 - they sound like perfect ones to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 28th! I'll be moving on soon into the super late twenties! Eeeep!
    My husband and I are a week (and a year) apart. I love having birthdays so close together! Makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday sweet friend! 28 is great! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to both you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday - Hope it's a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! So many things to look forward to! Hope you had a great day!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!! Mazal Tov! May all your dreams & wishes come true!


    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! It would be tons of fun to have a birthday that close to your husband. My sister's birthday is the day before mine so it wasn't that much fun growing up but it's super fun now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fantastic Birthday! I will be joining you in the 28 club in 2 short months :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun that you and J have birthdays so close together! I hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Happy (Belated) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a wonderful, Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthday my Beautiful Friend! Miss you greatly! Love you even more!

    ReplyDelete