Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Monday!

My Meals:


YUMMMM! This was my second recipe I've made using orecchiette pasta and you know what? I really love it!  This meal was a great blend of flavors. Only change I'd make if I made it again? A little more bacon!



Marinated Pork Chops, Sauteed Lemon Green Beans, Baked Sweet Potato, and Pillsbury breadsticks



Such a nice, well rounded meal!  And for any new readers, I highly suggest this marinade next time you are grilling chicken, pork, or steak. We love it!

Lemon Green Beans: Cook fresh green beans in about a Tbsp of Olive Oil with a big pinch of lemon pepper. Toss and turn in pan for about 5-10 minutes. 




Oh these sandwiches. I will be dreaming of them for the next week. They were amazing!! In the words of Chris Traeger of Parks and Rec, this was LITRALLY the best crock pot meal I've made. And the easiest! 

J's Meals:




Original recipe calls for broccoli, but J subbed in snap peas for me.


Pulled Pork Pizza

This was one of J's original recipes. It was okay but needed a lot of work. I'll share the actual recipe once he's mastered it. Right now, I'd only give it a grade of a C+....has lot of potential, just needs some work!

9 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering thinking about the crock pot beef with peperoncinis - oh my word that looks so yummy. I must try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try those green beans! We make the same Italian Beef and it IS a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am literally sitting here shoveling the sausage & orecchiette pesto leftovers in my mouth as I write down the ingredients for the orecchiette carbonara... Love me some orecchiette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! New follower over from Kelly's Korner:)

    http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Orecchiette Carbonara looks delicious! I've never tried that type of pasta before. Pasta & bacon are sure to equal yumminess!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going to try that carbonara! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your menu Mondays, they make me hungry :-)

    Also, Parks and Rec is LITERALLY the funniest show ever. I love it :-) I think season 3 is the best though, I could watch every episode over and over again. Ron Swanson is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pasta dishes you post always look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookmarking two of your recipes from this week: orecchiette carbonara and crock pot beef sandwiches. YUM!

    ReplyDelete