Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pinspired in the classroom....

As I'm sure you've noticed from all my previous post, the ideas for teachers on Pinterest are just amazing. It's a gold mine of free and creative ideas for the classroom.  I've been stockpiling ideas on my "school" boards for months now, and I am finally getting to the point where I'm starting to use some of them! I have finished one, and then I shared another idea with a coworker and I love her final product and want to share!

Project 1: Writing Process Tracking Chart

My inspiration....


Source: frugalteacher.com via Rachel on Pinterest



And my version:


I am just in love with this little guy! The effort it took to make was well worth it. If I'm being honest with you all, writing is my biggest weak area as a teachers. There is so much to balance, and it always feels like my 26 students are working on about 15 different assignments/papers at any given time.  This lovely pencil plus the clothespins are my new saving grace to figure out where my kids are in the writing process. I can look up at any time from a writing conference and see exactly what each person should be working on. Not only has it been helping me, but it's been helping some of my off-task students get their work done.


Project #2: "Synonym" Buns!

The inspiration...



And the finished product....


How cute are these? I can't take credit for them though...this is from my teammate's class! I don't teach literacy this year, but I still keep a board of ideas for literacy activities because you just never know when your job/assignment will change.  I shared this with my teammate when I heard her talking about doing synonyms with the kids.  I think their version turned out to be so cute! And honestly, I can almost guarantee you her kids will forever remember what synonyms are from this fun project!  And even better? She brought in cinnamon rolls for them!

So teachers...what fun ideas have you found on the web for your class lately?







8 comments:

  1. Love the "synonym" buns. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I'm a teacher out in Washington state and I hear all about pininterest (spelled correctly?), but I have never been on the site! Crazy, I know. Do I need to be invited to be on it, or can I just log on? And what do you mean that you keep a "board" of literacy activities? Ugh. I feel like there's a whole world out there that I don't know about. Help a sister out! (love the pencil writing process idea!)

    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Your project turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish a teacher would have given me that first one with a clothes pin! I would have stayed on task more often! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i swear what in the world did we do without pinterest. i have a project i've been working on all week..the inspiration came via pinterest. hoping to finish it tonight!
    stopping by from kelly's korner
    mybagofsunshine.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about pinerest for teaching stuff! I'm a 5th grade teacher and love seeing new ideas - both of the ones you posted are great.

    Thanks for sharing! (visiting from Kelly's Korner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so weird to see something from my classroom show up on a blog I have never visited before! Oh the power of Pinterest! I love the writing process pencil too! This year I have started blogging with my students so when they get to "publish" this means they get to type it on their blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your Pinterest inspiried projects!!!

    I made a bunch over the summer as well!
    Check them out
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/search/label/pinterest


    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete