Tuesday, November 1, 2011

welcome november

Oh hey there November...


I know a lot of people think November means it's time to start prepping for the Christmas season, but not me. I want to soak up all the fall goodness for as long as I can. My fall wreath shall remain on my door, apple cider will remain my go to drink at Starbucks, I'll keep burning my mulled cider candle (from Wal-Mart..best candle ever!), enjoying pumpkin beers (while I can still find 'em), and I will NOT even think about a Christmas tree until the day after Thanksgiving.  And Christmas music? I will not shop at your store if I hear any before Black Friday.

This month I plan to do the following:

  • Attempt some more fall recipes (like my mom's bavarian apple cake recipe!)
  • Enjoy a 3 day weekend at a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina with my doggies and J
  • Read more (because I am not even close to meeting my yearly goal of 12 books)
  • Force my husband to build me a fire any evening that we're at home and it's less than 50 degrees out
  • Enjoy as much pecan pie as I possibly can on Thanksgiving
  • Turn 28!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday month! I agree with you, November is a fall celebration, not a time to prep for Christmas. Love your wreath, btw and aren't those walmart candles the best? I love the pumpkin spice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season and I'm soaking it up while I can as well. I heard that Nordstrom isn't decorating or getting in the holiday spirit until the day after Thanksgiving, which I'm completely on board with.

    A fireplace is a must in my next house and I love fall candles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the mall tonight and they had their Christmas decorations out. Hello! It's November 1! I'm not ready for Christmas yet and still want to enjoy the beautiful leaves and chilly weather. The snow, ice, and Christmas trees can stay away a while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall rocks. I can smell it as I write....pumpkin pie...crisp apple cider....fires in my neighbors' fireplaces....

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your wreath... can't wait to make mine tonight.. :) I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! Let's enjoy fall...there's plenty of winter down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... I like to enjoy each season for what it is. Long hot days of summer. Cool weather and colorful leaves in fall. Etc.

    But just plan on not shopping between Veterans Day and Black Friday. Retailers typically do their full holiday set for the week of Veterans Day, including music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to that! I can't stand glossing over Thanksgiving!

    Your list inspires me...inspires me to leave hot, muggy South Florida and build a fire. Somewhere. Anywhere. (Okay, almost)...and drink hot almost anything, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love fall :-) let me know if you read any really good books . . . I need some recommendations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Basically to this post I say, ditto!! Agree with it all! :) Especially the need to read more... I have fallen out of the habit and really want to catch up on some good books. By the fire of course ;)

    So glad we could hang out a bit this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely not rushing Christmas! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!

    Where are you going in the mtns? We live near Asheville and my parents live near Boone. We've got Western NC covered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crack me up! I'm ready for twinkly lights, peppermint mochas and the smell of pine trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pecan pie? Yes please!! Love it! Soak up all the november you can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you on keeping it fall as long as possible. I LOVE fall and DREAD winter. So I'm keeping out the pumpkins til the rot (kidding, not) and my fall decor. Christmas can have it's time AFTER Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I soak up as much fall as I can too! Christmas decorating can come after Thanksgiving!

    Just found your blog from Kelly's Korner. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete