Tuesday, December 27, 2011

4 years ago...

4 years ago today...


My (now) husband took me to Washington DC to see My Fair Lady at The Kennedy Center.  After the show, we went and stood by the Potomac and he gave me this...


Was that really 4 years ago? I am having a hard time believing that it's been that long.

So much has happened since December 27, 2007. We planned a wedding, we survived a wedding, we made it through the "newlywed" phase, we have moved, we have been on some amazing adventures, we've started new jobs...the list goes on and on. 

My favorite part of our engagement day was riding to Washington DC and back to Richmond on a train. I had never traveled by train before, and I guess J thought I needed to try it. I loved that after he proposed, we traveled back home on the train and talked about "our" future together the whole way, in a very serious way that we hadn't done before. We had two long hours to be together before seeing friends and family to just laughed each time we said "fiance" to one another. Those two hours are to of my happiest!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have a really hard time believing that KB and I have been married for almost 2 years. Where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the pic of you showing your hand with the ring on it. Such sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet, sweet post :) love the picture of you with your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy engagement anniversary! Time sure does fly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love the picture of you showing your ring! What fun memories!!

    ReplyDelete