Friday, December 16, 2011

Bourbon & Ice Cream & Traditions

I've seen a lot of posts lately about fun traditions that a lot of bloggers are doing to celebrate with the holidays with their family.  Being that it's just the two of us and we don't have kids, we haven't really started a lot of Christmas traditions in our home, but I thought it was time that we do something fun and different to enjoy this time of year.

So...what is that we did?

Why, make hot fudge bourbon milkshakes of course!  And then drink them as we sit by the light of the tree and watch television. A new holiday tradition? Perhaps! (or maybe just an excuse to feel like a rebel and drink a little bourbon on a school night!)


We have no ice cream sundae dishes, so the next best thing was a beer glass. They only look kind of delicious here, but trust me, in real life, they were extra tasty!

Anyone else have an odd or not-so-typical holiday tradition? We might have to enjoy this one every December!



6 comments:

  1. I'm drooling! Great tradition in the making there, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound AMAZING! I saw that recipe on Pinterest the other day, but now I might have to actually make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I will have to try these! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to start doing this!

    ReplyDelete