Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas time is here!

While living in Virginia Beach/Norfolk, I met some fantastic women who blogged there. They were some of my good friends there, and I miss them very much! One of those girls, Whitney, threw an ornament exchange last December for all of us, and I now cherish my ornament I got from that exchange!


When I moved to Charlotte, I was very lucky to already have a few friends here, all who I only knew through blogging and twitter.  These girls have been wonderful when it comes to helping me figure out the ins and outs of this city, and they have become some very special friends.  

Since I couldn't be in Virginia Beach for their ornament swap, I thought I should start a blogger ornament swap in Charlotte.  I am so glad I did, because last night I had a great time with all of these girls!


Front row from L to R: MichelleKatie, Ashley (private blog), April
Back row from L to R: ME!, FaithAnnieLauren, MelissaHeidi


I am so glad that they could all make it. We had so much fun and we all walked away with a gorgeous ornament!

I also took the time to clean up my home (that doesn't happen as often as it should), so I thought I'd take a few pics to share some of our holiday decor. 

Here's our collection of Christmas cards from the past 3 years. Our first Christmas (2008) we didn't do a photo card, so there's not frame for that one. This tradition started in 2009.



We like to call this our "Gandalf" Santa


Do you see the resemblance?


I know, I know...he's way tacky and hideous. But a student gave me Gandalf Santa one year, and he just makes us laugh.  I can't get rid of him.

Here's the Christmas card wreath, it has really filled up since the last time it was on the blog!


And here's the stockings and mantle. I had some extra green clothespins from the wreath project, so I am using them to attach extra Christmas cards to the ribbon and garland on there. Such an easy project.


Here's my chandelier in the dinning room. I am so happy with how it turned out. Holiday decorating isn't really my thing. I love other people's homes, but I don't want to spend a lot of money or put a lot of time into it.  This little project was very cheap (everything came from Wal-Mart and was under $10) and I love how it livens up our dining/kitchen area.


And a finally, a quick pic of the table.  I bought these bottle brush trees at World Market. I was inspired by Paige and her beautiful home. I love her bottle brush tree collection.



Only 5 more days 'til Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun party! I love the idea of hosting an ornament exchange. I'm so happy to see you've made such a good group of friends in Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looked so pretty and festive. You were not telling the truth about your decorating skills - you did so good!

    I had such a great evening with you girls. Thank you for getting us all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun!!!!!!!! :) And I love all your decor!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the picture of Melissa! I went to college with her and D - small world!

    I love your clothes pin wreath, and it looks great with the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! New follower:) cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just SO SAD I missed this!! :( I will so be there next time!!

    And your decor is gorgeous! Somehow I cannot imagine that your house is ever NOT gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottle brush trees are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all missed you something terrible this year! But it sure does look like you had a wonderful party! Love you lots girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time with the girls and Christmas ornaments--sounds like so much fun! I love your decorations, too. Good idea putting the garland on the chandelier..looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete