Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite Moments from 2011


I know it's cliche, but y'all...where did this year go? It sort of feels like I was just summing up 2010, and now here we are and it's time to do it for 2011. Instead of breaking it down month by month, I think I'm going to do just a "favorites" of 2011.  These are some memories that stick out from the past year. Some are big, some are little. But they're all special!

Let's start with the biggest moment...moving to Charlotte!



I think it is safe to say that we both love our new city. It's been a big change, and hard at sometimes, but this move was definitely a good change for us. We are both happy at our new jobs, we love all that the city has to offer, plus lots of new friends...I'd say we're doing pretty well!

To go along with that first one, starting a new job!


I am loving my new school. I definitely miss people and things about my Virginia school, but I also realize that I couldn't have found a better public school to work at in Charlotte.

Adding 4 more paws into our home...




This bottom photo is Rosie and I on her second day with us. It's so funny how she has become a very natural part of our family. Getting a second dog was a big choice to make, but I am so glad we did it. She has become a very special part of our family. I love this wolf dog.

Visiting Family


We had a lot of chances to see and spend time with extended family this year, and we're so thankful for that.

My Dyson


Call me crazy, but I have been lusting over this vacuum for a few years now (basically since August 14, 2007...the day after I got Layla the sheddiest dog of all time). It has lived up to all of my expectations!

Lots of time with friends, but still not enough






Purchasing a grill...


This thing made our summer so much more fun!

Going back to Virginia and meeting my sweet friend's baby girl on her birthday...


Some stellar pumpkin carving for our new front steps



And of course, lots of fun adventures together...


Virginia Beer Festival


Wedding in New Hampshire


Wedding in Richmond


Trip to Asheville to see The Biltmore


Not quite an adventure, but man, I just love our Christmas card pictures!


What a year. I cannot wait to see what 2012 brings us. Hopefully as much fun as we had in 2011. 
Happy New Year!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love all the "looking back" posts. It looks like 2011 was a wonderful year. May 2012 be just as special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! Happy New Year! Can't wait to keep reading in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are just too cute....vacation is winding down...we go back Tuesday...then we look forward to Feb vaca! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I'm so glad that you're settled in Charlotte and are happy here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture of you and J is really good! You should def. frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that 2011 brought you here and I've been able to share in some fun memories of my own with you! Praying God's richest blessings in 2012 for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like 2011 was a great year for y'all, hopefully 2012 will be just as great. Cute pictures!

    Erin
    www.erin--elizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had such a busy year! I love that it was full of new and fun experiences! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like 2011 was a wonderful year for you guys! It sounds like you've adjusted to life in Charlotte so well! I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe your first segway experience didn't make this list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had an amazing 2011 girl! I hope 2012 is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such gorgeous photos of your year!! I'm jealous!

    Looks like 2012 is going to be a pretty stellar year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your 2011 with us! I just loved visiting Charlotte this year, I can see why you like your new home. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete