Friday, December 2, 2011

Garlic Issues Resolved!

A few weeks ago I blogged about some things that annoy me in the kitchen.  At the top of my list was my issue with crushing garlic.  

Several people suggested I get a garlic press, and I actually do have one and love it. But the garlic press doesn't solve my problem of PEELING the garlic. That's what bugs me the most.  It takes forever and then my hands always end up smelling like garlic.  

A lot of you suggested using a can or knife to press it hard, and then it peels easily, which I usually do, but even still, I get that garlic smell on my hands.

I thought my problems would never be solved.....UNTIL JRose and Katie sent me this video...


HOW SMART!!! Now I can't say I've tried this yet, but I am excited to for the day when I do try it.  It appears to be the solution I've been searching. Easy, quick, and leaves your hands and fingernails far from the garlic!

Anyone tried this method? I'd love to hear if it worked for you!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this is awesome! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so interesting! You'll have to let us know if you try it and it works. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool! I'm going to have to try that just to see if it works! I don't mind the smell tho on my hands, it makes be feel all domesticated and chef-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried that! I think I should have used bigger bowls, but it totally worked. Such a neat trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?!? No way! That's nifty... My mom taught me to just cut the end off, pop the clove in the microwave for 8 seconds and squeeze the un-cut end. It slides right out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried that method for garlic, gonna give it a go! I DO however, do this for boiled eggs. Just drain the water, put the lid back on and give it a shake. The shells just fall right off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea - I wish peeling everything in the kitchen was that easy now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg REALLY!? That's amazing, I can't wait to try!! Have you done it yet, did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO, I tried this over the weekend...worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete