Sunday, February 19, 2012

bad music, thin mints, and Mr. Pamuk

It was another lazy weekend around our home. Like last weekend, we didn't have any big plans, and I have to admit...I kind of love weekends like that.  Unlike last Saturday and Sunday, I didn't take a single photo this past weekend.  And I'm okay with that.

Here's the lowdown on our lazy weekend...I'm sure most of you readers don't care so much to know what we did at every moment this weekend, but I love looking back at these posts. So there.

Friday Night: We went to dinner with the wonderful Katie and her husband at Paco's Tacos. I had a delicious margarita with my tacos made with fresh orange juice. I have been craving another one since then! We came home to catch up on How I Met Your Mother, and then went to bed before 10. We're wild and crazy, I tell ya!
(also...the HIMYM episode of Lilly and Marshall's housewarming party? What a boring and not funny episode. Any other fans agree?)

Saturday AM: I was somehow up much earlier than normal for me on the weekends, and I managed to get to the gym for the 9AM cycle class. I must admit...great class, but the instructor (who was easily 65 years old) played the worst music. When I go to any workout class (especially cardio), the music is my favorite part and motivates me the most. This woman started with U2 which seemed cool, but after two U2 songs in a row, everything became German club/rave music. It was horrendous. Oh well...I still burned calories, that's what counts...right?

Saturday PM: Met my friend Sarah for pedicures and ended up getting a manicure too. And my favorite part? The massaging chair. My back was in a major need of that rolling feature.

The rest of the afternoon included a walk with my dogs, finishing the most recent episode of Downton Abbey (PS THIS IS AWESOME. I love that Mary's includes Mr. Pamuk!), and eating a whole sleeve of Thin Mints. Thank you Girl Scouts of America.

And then today.... Today has consisted of a trip to Trader Joe's and Target, reading, and making a recipe binder with all my magazines. I didn't bring home a single school item to work on since we have work days tomorrow and Tuesday. I normally do some sort of school work on Sunday afternoons, so it was nice to not even think about it!

OH! And! My baby brother and I talked on the phone and he told me about his first college tour that he went on this weekend. That's a crazy thought to me. He was 7 when I went off to college in 2002, and I'm not quite sure how he's almost at that stage. Pure craziness!

Hope your weekend has been lovely and lazy as well!


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I also love the quiet weekends without big plans, they allow us to actually relax. I have to agree with you about HIMYM. I've always been a huge fan so it pains me to say that I think it has lost it's charm this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weekends with no plans. I really wish we had a Trader Joes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tacos sound awesome! I totally agree with you on HIMYM - this whole season has been a bit of a letdown in my opinion. And can you please do my recipe binder for me? I've been on and off working on it for like 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weekends like those! We haven't had one in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete