Thursday, February 9, 2012

the good

A list of "the good" in my week:

  • We booked a trip for the week of my spring break to the west coast! I'll have more details later once we work it all out. All I know is that I'm super excited AND it's looking like I'll get to meet a very special blog friend while I'm out there!
  • Hot tea. Lots and lots of hot tea.
  • While working in math this week, a student told me he's going to open a restaurant one day called Respect the Burger. I cannot stop laughing at this. 4th graders say the funniest stuff.
  • I met a new friend for coffee on Monday evening. New friends make me feel like I'm making this city my home.
  • Also on Monday, I got to chat with my college roommate for a long time. Our conversation contained a moment where I complained that I have cute ideas of things to do with my students, and then I execute it and their work is never as cute as the inspiration I found on pinterest. I am ridiculous.
  • We began season two of Downton Abbey, and as expected, it was fabulous. Also? The Downton spoof on SNL this past weekend. I wish I could find a video of it.
  • Layla and Rosie. Like that comes as a surprise to anyone!
  • Seeing Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I loved it.
What's been good about your week?

7 comments:

  1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was fantastic! Loved that too! I definitely recommend the book as well, beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain with the Pinterest inspired school projects. I have tried quite a few things that ended up looking nothing like the examples I pinned... so disappointing.

    I can't wait to hear the details of your trip out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your trip! That will be awesome. And the Respect the Burger cracks me up. That is the joy of working with kids, I think. They're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think Respect the Burger is GREAT name for a restaurant. I hope no one steals that kid's idea.

    YAY for your trip!!! :) :)

    I liked this post so much that it inspired me to do one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids do say the funniest things! I had one student at Kumon write something about a particular ethnic group's torture; the word the worksheet prompts them to look for provides a few of the letters which were apparently toward the end because the word was definitely supposed to be culture.

    I've never actually seen Downton Abbey but I saw the SNL spoof this past weekend and thought it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would TOTALLY eat at Respect the Burger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting about your trip! I can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete