Wednesday, February 29, 2012

make it count

Today at school, I wrote "Happy Leap Day" on the board by the date, and I had about 6 kids ask me what that means. I guess that's what happens when it only comes around every 4 years...my students would have been 5 years old back in 2008.  I guess I can't expect them to remember!

In honor of our extra day, J and I went out for Mexican tonight. We really wanted to make our extra day count, so what better way to do that then with chips & salsa, shredded beef tacos, and of course a margarita or two? (ETA: I went back and read my leap day post from back in '08 when I was a very new blogger, and it looked like I spent my extra day eating the same thing...when is Mexican a bad idea?)

Also...I listened to this song about 12 times in my car today. I wanted to make sure my extra day was only filled with the best (and I'm mildly obsessed)!


Did you do anything fun to make your extra day count?

4 comments:

  1. Civil Wars has been a theme lately:) I can hear why! I belt out like her, but I don't quite sound the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is awesome. I heard it on the radio the other day & cranked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also went to Mexican last night in celebration of leap day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same exact same thing happened to me at school! My kids had no idea what it was!

    ReplyDelete